Turbulent Tuesday - Overload

Turbulent Tuesday - Overload

Welcome pilots to another Free Flight Server event where just about anything goes for 9 solid hours. Join and fly any time throughout.

This weeks TT event will be a heavy one. Select any cargo aircraft, then set all the weight and balance options to their very highest. Spawn at WSSS Singapore Changi Intl at any parking spot. Set one of the *“Instrument Dock” (See NOTAM below for instructions if needed) positions to “Flight Time” and another to **“Airplane Load”, then race as fast as you can to WMKK Kuala Lumpur. Who can complete the flight from gate to gate the fastest in a super heavy cargo plane? Take pictures and if you want bragging rights post one showing your best flight time, load and parked aircraft!

Be sure to share your pictures.

Click the event “Join” button and your Facebook account will automatically convert to your accounts local time zone. Participate any time between the event start and end times, for as long as you want.

NOTAM: To change your “Instrument Dock” at any of the 7 positions, touch and hold. Cycle through the menus left or right to go through the 5 instrument pages, then up or down to select the desired instrument. Hold to highlight Flight Time and Airplane Load at two of the dock positions.
Only photos of the parked aircraft with the two instruments showing time and load qualify for bragging rights. You must park and stop.

Event details:

• Free Flight Server ONLY

• Tuesday September 15th.

• Event Start Time - 18:00 ZULU (11:00AM PDT)

• Event End Time - 03:00 ZULU Sept 16th (8:00 PM PDT )

• Region: Singapore / Kuala Lumpur

• Aircraft type: Cargo Jets only.

• Starting location: WSSS Singapore Changi Intl.

• Destination: WMKK Kuala Lumpur

• Recommendations: Have fun!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

4 Likes

Rather creative…

This is when Matt’s super-tuned 747 would be useful for us non-devs 😜😎

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

747-8F’s gonna win
757/777 will be 2nd

1 Like

@Rotate: Lol sorry it bugs me too. UPS A330-200F used to be one of my favorite aircraft back in the days of the earliest animated aircraft but when I realized they only operate the A300-600F, I was crushed. That said, I still fly it since I enjoy the A330-200F. It was my first IAP and I still like to re-live the days of taxiing and taking off in my UPS A330 or Virgin Atlantic A340 from SFO. Nowadays, I just disregard the regs and fly.

@HV9690: Agreed-747 could possibly get the gold. 777 is a very worthy competitor though too ;). I would like to be surprised with the results. This is going to be an interesting topic…

1 Like

Ima join the flight

Im going to be a b737-700 Livery AirTran
Parking:East cargo apron 601

Btw im AirMp Username

I will be there

AirTran isn’t a cargo plane. It’s a passenger plane. Doesn’t count, sorry.

Took off WSSS in a 777 AeroLogic, from runway 20c.
Never flew higher than 5000 ft
Straight into WMKK runway 32L, crashed at the first touch of runway, after 20 mins, 10.8 seconds.

Why did I crash… Still not sure. Perhaps landing speed of 700 to high for such an heavy plane…

Need to re-try and next time… not crash

2 Likes

If you are going too fast, nose of the aircraft would go up and down like you are on Rockinghorse. Are you still confusing us with Landing speed (knots) and descent rate (fpm) ;)

Ill do it again

Only took Three screenshots because I wanted to enjoy the event

I don’t know any cargo planes please tell me a cargo plane. Please reply quick

Found one. The c-17

Ok, Just had a go. 00:16 In a Cargolux B748. That beast took a loooot of slowing down. Oh, and don’t turn the AP to 780kts speed and expect to come out alive…

• A330-200F
  • Boeing 747-8 (Air Bridge Cargo / Boeing Freight / Cargolux / Nippon Cargo)
  • Boeing 777-200F