Turbulent Tuesday - MH370 2nd Anniversary Memorial @ WSSS - 081900ZMAR16

About two years ago the tragic disappearance of Malaysia Airlines MH370 shocked the aviation world. Still missing two years later with no solid explanation. Join us with respect in the Singapore / Kuala Lumpur region, with a memorial flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in any Malaysia Airlines aircraft.

Event details:

• Free Flight Server ONLY

• Tuesday March 8th

• Event Start Time - 19:00 ZULU 11:00AM PST (March 8th)

• Event End Time - 10:00 ZULU 2:00 AM PST (March 9th)

• Region: Singapore / Kuala Lumpur

• Aircraft type: Any Malaysia Airlines aircraft.

• Starting Location: WSSS Singapore to WMKK Kuala Lumpur

• Recommendations: Despite being a free flight server event, please fly with respect.

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

27 Likes

Hana you stole IFFG’s idea I love it 😍

6 Likes

The problem is with this event, some people won’t take it seriously, and be very disrespectful. It’s a very Delicate occasion for a lot of people, personally I don’t believe a “Memorial” flight is neccscary, because like I said, for the people who don’t take it seriously, it can impact on others who are genuinely and seriously effected by this Tradedgy.

4 Likes

Just report everyone who uses MH370 or M17. Yes, they could be using it to show respect, but, you never known.

2 Likes

Considering it’s a memorial flight I think they’re most likely going to be showing respect. That is the point of the event

3 Likes

Well, of course. But, they don’t have to use the MH370 and/or MH17 to show respect.

1 Like

They just have to follow the flight

Why would it be considered disrespectful to use the callsign MH370? I think that it would show more respect.

2 Likes

You never know. It could be be used by a troll. Also:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/inappropriate-callsign-list/19225
You might want to check this out.

Anyways, back on topic.

It’s a grayish topic. For this event, I don’t see a problem for temporarily changing to MH370, but those who may not be reading this topic/understand how or why it may be considered acceptable could possibly report you.

8 Likes

Yeah, you might just want to stay safe…

1 Like

I think that because these flight numbers were cancelled after the tragedies (right?) it would be ‘disrespectful’ or ‘inappropriate’ to make a flight plan when in reality these planes never reached their destination. I’ve used mh370 in the past as my flight number but as stated by other users, there may be certain people who will simply show no respect.

Stole? Hardly. It’s not surprising that this would come up more than once.

5 Likes

I’ll try to stop by to pay my respects. I feel awful for the families of the passengers and pilots on the plane. Two years without an answer to what happened to their loved ones. That is horrible

5 Likes

Crazy huh? I told folks last year if it was still not found by 2nd anniversary id make a memorial anniversary event this year. I really thought it would’ve been found by now.

4 Likes

Yes this really is unfortunate that the plane has not been found. The search area is so large that I wonder if it will ever be found. Families will just have to accept that they will never be able to find out what happened. :(

2 Likes

A big 777 aircraft that still is missing …
I’ll coming tonight.

Can you make this as an FNF with NOTAM?

It’s today right? Maybe I’ll coming for this event.