Turbulent Tuesday - Caravan Canyon Tours @ 4S6 - 241900ZJAN17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Turbulent Tuesday Casual Server Event:
Caravan Canyon Tours

We head to the Seattle region to fly tours through the canyons with some challenges. The 208 Caravan will be loaded to MTOW during this entire flight. Also, there are altitude restrictions that make the pilot have to “find” the safest way on each route. There are two routes for this event which will be from 4S6 to 21W and then from 21W to KESW with a full stop at both 21W and KESW. Then, once you land at KESW, refuel, load up with new passengers for the same routes back to 4S6. Another challenge will be taking off before the end of the runway at 4S6 and not going into the water. See route and altitude restrictions below. Are you up for the challenge? This is a Cessna 208 Caravan ONLY event and must be flown at MTOW. Other aircraft will be subject to being ghosted. Please follow the event details.

Be sure to share your pictures for a chance to have one shared on our Instagram page!

Event details:
• Casual Server ONLY
• Tuesday January 24, 2017
• Event Start Time - 19:00 ZULU (11:00AM PST)
• Event End Time - 10:00 ZULU (2:00 AM PST on January 25th)
• Region: Seattle
• Aircraft type: Cessna Caravan ONLY
• Starting location: 4S6

Hope to see everyone there!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

27 Likes

Love it mark. Can’t wait

Quick question. Who can you Be ghosted on casual?

2 Likes

Here is the information for the routes and the altitude restrictions. This will be fun and entertaining.

12 Likes

Anyone not following event details with aircraft.

3 Likes

I understand that however without ATC who am ghost? I thought on casual you couldn’t report people.

I may we’ll be wrong

Mark can ghost people in any server because he is a server moderator.

1 Like

Just don’t fly in Seattle in this time if you don’t want to participate or be ghosted. And mods can report people while they are flying.

I don’t like to or want to ghost anyone, however, when we have an event that is aircraft specific while at smaller fields and people show up in an A380, they ruin the experience for everyone else that is following the event details.

11 Likes

I have a question, what about the people that aren’t involved with this community and haven’t read this event?

I have place a TFR/NOTAM over each field so there is no reason why anyone would NOT know. Also, these are very small isolated fields in the mountains of Seattle. If someone spawns at one of the fields, chances are they are aware of the event.

6 Likes

Challenge accepted. Great event, Mark.

Interesting! By the way, do you actually have to refuel, or is it more roleplaying? I also didn’t think you could pick up passengers…

That would actually be a great addition to Infinite Flight, fuel calculations which affects takeoff and landing weight, especially in global flight, which is coming out soon.

1 Like

@Mark_Denton Will there be many events in the future? These are great for Infinite Flight.

It’s all “roleplaying” as you put it. Land, stop for couple of minutes after exiting runway, taxi back to runway and fly back.

1 Like

Well, let me think here for a second…🤔
Oh, yeah, that’s right. We have Turbulent Tuesday and Friday Night Flight events every week. So yeah, I’d say many events.

2 Likes

Oh. Great. Thanks.

Ok. I don’t have to do anything in advanced, I just pop into the server on the airport with a caravan, right?

perfect time for a snack ;)

2 Likes