Turbulent Tuesday - C-130 Cliff Approach Challenge @ WMBT - 171900ZJAN17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Turbulent Tuesday Casual Server Event:
C-130 Cliff Approach Challenge

Well it’s time to put your steep approach skills to the test. We head to WMBT (Pulau Tioman) in the Singapore Region in the C-130 for some steep approaches over the cliff at the approach end of RWY 02. Can you clear the cliff and land on the runway safely? Can you do a full stop by the end of the runway or will you need to do a touch and go or make a go around? Either way, this will be a challenge for pilots of all skill levels. This is a C-130 ONLY event. Other aircraft will be subject to being ghosted. Please follow the event details.

Be sure to share your pictures for a chance to have one shared on our Instagram page!

Event details:
• Casual Server ONLY
• Tuesday January 17, 2017
• Event Start Time - 19:00 ZULU (11:00AM PST)
• Event End Time - 10:00 ZULU (2:00 AM PST on January 18th)
• Region: Singapore
• Aircraft type: C-130 ONLY
• Starting location: WMBT

Hope to see everyone there!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

24 Likes

Awesome event, Mark!
Sounds like something @GHamsz would love to do!

1 Like

OH BABY!!! I’m in!!!

5 Likes

This was a full stop landing over the cliff a few weeks ago!

So, yeah… Can’t wait!
I love the 130!

7 Likes

Cheers Mark!

1 Like

May I ask what happens if someone doesn’t know about this event and they land at WMBT with a A318 or a Cessna?

3 Likes

Exactly what it states in the description.

2 Likes

What if somebody that was mot aware of this event use another aircraft?

1 Like

Seems harsh.

Perhaps there should be a specific call sign indicating you are part of the event. Besides the fact this is on casual.

2 Likes

There will be measures taken for everyone to know. There will be no excuse.

@zbelle it’s not harsh at all. Yes it’s on the Casual Server but it’s an “Event” regardless of the server. Not going to allow another event to be ruined for those that follow the details like what happened at 59CA a few weeks back.

2 Likes

A bit stupid and me wasting your time but if it was a big Airport and the event was for telling people to come in a A380 and I used the A319 I wouldn’t be ghosted then would I? I know what happened a few weeks ago with the A380’s at the small airfield absolutely ridiculous so I do see a need for it

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I was practising these three days ago to see what happened. Perfect timing Mark!

Will be there in my a380

3 Likes

Don’t tease 😂

You won’t be there long.

17 Likes

Lol mark i kinda ruined 59CA with the a380 and I apologize for that sir!

5 Likes

I was waiting for a event like this for a while

Yeah you did. It was very annoying which is why I’m now having to add NOTAMs, so thanks. 🙄

9 Likes

Well mark i did it as a joke but i did not intend to actually disturb the event

1 Like