Turbulent Tuesday - 208 Columbia River Race

Turbulent Tuesday - 208 Columbia River Race

Welcome pilots to another Free Flight Server event where just about anything goes for 9 solid hours. Join and fly any time throughout.

This weeks TT event is being held in the ROTW (Region Of The Week) Seattle, WA.
Start in your Cessna 208 at KPDX Portland Intl and race east following the Columbia River to KDLS Columbia River Rgnl. Feel free to race back to Portland.

If you and a friend wish to do a dual take off / drag race from the same runway, go right on ahead. Join another pilot who looks lonely if you want. Be creative, anything goes.

Be sure to share your pictures.

Event details:

• Free Flight Server ONLY

• Tuesday August 25th.

• Event Start Time - 18:00 ZULU (11:00AM PDT)

• Event End Time - 03:00 ZULU Aug 26th (8:00 PM PDT )

• Region: Seattle WA.

• Aircraft type: Cessna 208, but its OK if you an a friend wish to race other aircraft.

• Starting location: KPDX Portland Intl

• Destination: KDLS Columbia River Rgnl.

• Recommendations: Have fun!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

By the way. This event was inspired by one I missed Sunday, because I just wasn’t feeling to hot. So I though I’d take the Columbia River event made Sunday and sort of re-do it with the 208 race spin. Thanks to Omari and …oh no I forgot the other? Speak up! I thank you.

1 Like

Should start from Astoria Regional right on the mouth of the river and head east the entire way. One of my fav flights to do in the SR22 at 1000feet, especially if turns to IMC through the mountains

1 Like

i think there are a great number of places that one could start from that everybody will feel differently about. No shortage of routes. :)

2 Likes

Roger that I will be there in my Cessna 208 callsign still some Speedbird 195 Heavy✈️

1 Like

Expect vectors to KDLS with me! (I’m coming)

1 Like

I don’t know when I’ll show up, probably between 1830z and 1930z. I’ll try to spot some aircraft.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be there! Can’t wait!

that would be Nick…i showed him the route and he created the tour…BTW,my route has two parts to it…can wait to go on your tour…Thanks much and appreciated Dave…

1 Like

I’m gonna show up soon in a FedEx liverly Cessna 208. I’m gonna try to just zoom solo and find people along the way.

We should share tours. I have several in my Home region. Even one that goes over where my house would be.
Thank you Nick, again I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it Sunday. I hope to see you sometime today over the gorge.

1 Like

just holler at me…i’ll be there…was there at KPDX earlier

1 Like

if you’re avail…we can go now

My home region, New York, has the Hudson River. Maybe when New York is region of the week that could be a suggestion.

1 Like

Need to recharge my battery. I had it plugged in to the Lightning port, but the other end wasn’t in the wall socket. Screwed up my plans to fly. Still will, just has to be in a couple hours though. Hate it when that happens. Go to turn on what I expect to be a fully charged iPad, and poof…it’s still at %9 arrrrgh.

1 Like

Am I too late? My battery is charged up and I’m signing into the Free Flight server at KPDX in a 208 right now.

hahahaa…i’m on EST…so just let me know…i want to you to get a chance as well