Turbulence

Most longer flights I just leave and come back in time to land, so I have no clue what goes on… 🤷🏼‍♂️

How do you expect to gain skills without the auto pilot? It’s about endurance and stamina.

1 Like

I am just talking about like 10+ hour flights. I am a teenager and I have other things that need attention as well as IF. A lot of times I will recreate Civil Air Patrol flights that I have been on in the C172 VFR for 3-4 hours. :)

2 Likes

If it gets really bad i lower altitude, but if its not bad i just turn on the seat belt sign

Simbrief will give you detailed maps including where you can expect turbulence etc! A pilot friend of mine took a look at a SB briefing package and was amazed how close it was to real

1 Like

Also would appreciate if you guys would care to join my event:)

Thanks for all the answers everyone

1 Like

Who cares about passenger satisfaction anyway?

1 Like

Attached are some pics of the simbrief map system (many features to click on/off like WX/wind/precipitation etc) and weather briefing maps from the OFP printout.

It actually depends. If I’m doing long haul, I don’t get to know of it. But if it’s short haul, I do take a few steps. It depends on the wind actually. If it’s headwind, I reduce the speed a little and maybe increase the altitude or decrease it a bit. I do the same with cross wind. Like today I had 132kts crosswind and my A320 was all over the place. I drastically reduced the altitude and controlled my speed and later on climbed again. Totally depends on the situation.

3 Likes

For long-haul flights, being in the turbulence too long could mess up your fuel economy. I always look up the current SIGWX chart or PIREPs while I’m planning my flight to avoid it if the area is too large.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

I’m surprised you haven’t posted already with 1 hour read! Great to see you start contributing! 😀

2 Likes

I’ve started to use windy so I can check if any appropriate nearby altitudes have less wind. If so I can descend or ascend to them

2 Likes

@DimitriB You can also check winds or turbulences enroute from NOAA.
https://www.aviationweather.gov/

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Thanks:)

1 Like

Do nothing…

If it’s a small aircraft and the aircraft us violently shaking I will sometimes descend I don’t crash… Other then that, I really don’t care for my passengers…

1 Like

The passengers are virtual, who cares about them

When I’m doing a short haul, like an hour I’d be on my device. Since I’m aware, I’d change my altitude and put on the seatbelt sign for realism sake.

When I’m on a Long haul however, I’m not there to take care of the flight so i just let it be.

2 Likes

If it’s me then I would be grabbing those winds from the horns and tackle all of them simultaneously as soon as I Encounter them And my xp is over 57,654points which means I’ve been at level 3 until I needed further flight hours and minimum landing frequency. To go back to being Grade3 and enjoy the expert server to the point that my arms flex so much that I have yoked arms from flying for so long. I’m fully dedicated for sometimes I can’t sleep…and honestly INFINITEFLIGHT is my sleeping Aid.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.