Turbulence

Has any one else noticed that both on the sim and in real life flights have been geting more terbulant alot more bumpy in the air then normal what do you guys think is it climate change or is this normal or is it something else???

1 Like

KLM made a lovely article on what causes turbulence. I would recommend checking it out. I’ve not noticed any increase in turbulence in the air. What legs have you been noticing this on? I’m interested now!

5 Likes

Must be aliens 👽 testing the pilot skills

But seriously I think climate change does affect weather and wind, but not so sure about turbulence

5 Likes

Climate change doesn’t exist. Its called weather patterns.

http://www.noaa.gov/resource-collections/weather-systems-patterns

12 Likes

Late night flights have more turbulence because the air has heated up the whole day. I suggest flying in the morning as that is much less bumpy.

1 Like

I do see how and increase in temperate globally can increase the wind. The atoms vibrate even more violently as the temperature increase. So a single atom can now have more effect on others.

2 Likes

That isn’t how wind occurs…
Wind is simply cold areas (higher pressure) moving to hot areas warmed by the sun (low pressure)

6 Likes

Yes under standable but on my real southwest flights to seattle mainly stop overs seems as though their is more moderate terbulance then normal, back five years ago turblance wasnt so heavy and five years prior was rare or uncommon

Right on! Have a cookie & some ice cream. 🍪 🍦

10 Likes

There are several reports and news articles about this, so I’d say it’s nothing new.

3 Likes

Yea it does. Having 6 Cat 3+ hurricanes isn’t normal.

2 Likes

😂 Whatever floats your boat…

2 Likes

Yeah definitely true I have never seen so many hurricanes that big in one season that right their shows something is up with the weather

Striking the same areas more then once as well

Climate change doesn’t exist?..
You meant that as a joke right?

8 Likes

I think it’s because of the increase of planes in the sky I mean seriously did you look at the North American content on flightradar24

Alright, this thread has become more of a debate.

@AIDoLS No I wasn’t joking. I provided you with a link on weather patterns; feel free to take a read. Facts, cold hard facts.

@Ishan_S I can see the thinking behind this one, but I highly doubt that aircraft are the reason affecting turbulence.

Not partaking in this banter between “climate change” and “weather systems/patterns” any further. Have fun with this one, I gave my insight already. Make wise choices!

4 Likes

Yea, but, apparently asking questions is a debate idk…😂

1 Like

Did someone say debate?
I love debating on stuff!

1 Like

I believe that climate change and global warming is a thing, but it probably isn’t causing turbulence.

2 Likes