Turbulance

Hi what can i do if i have turbulance in mid flight? And how can i see Where is no turbulance? When i had turbulance i just land on THE closed airport? I was flying online btw

1 Like

No, no need to do that :)

4 Likes

Change your altitude.

2 Likes

Try to decend to a lower altitude or acend to a higher altitude. I would try to Google to see where there is turbulance. If the turbulance keeps accuring, just turn on the seatbelt sign and continue. No need to divert or make an emergency landing.

5 Likes

A good website for keeping track of winds is windy.com. You can use this site to see how strong winds are and what direction they’re going at specific flight levels. :)

12 Likes

Honestly, nothing. Planes (and their infinite flight models!) are built to withstand strong winds and turbulence, and unless its a headwind slowing you down, you can just fly right through it with no issue whatsoever.
Of course, if the thought of your virtual passengers getting sick and spilling drinks bothers your mind, you can try the methods everyone else has suggested.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have instelde THE windt app btw

1 Like

Unless you’re Air Canada going from YVR to SYD

1 Like

Just fly to space!

1 Like

Did anyone notice that turbulence has no effect ??

It doesn’t irl either. It just moves the aircraft around. There really wasn’t a need to comment imo as the op got helpful answers and some people in the community found out about a new app to help with wind and everything so👍

@777-200 turn the seat belt sign on and cancel beverage service

2 Likes

Yes, there isn’t really anything else to do. Especially since IF doesn’t simulate real passengers yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.