Tupolev Tu-95 "Bear Bomber"

Yes! Would love this. Great suggestion

2 Likes

B52 > Bear Bomber IMO

1 Like

I would say the competitor in looks would be the B-29 as they basically look the same. But the competitor in technology and somewhat in looks would be the B-52. The B-29s an old retired World War Two bomber with ancient technology while the Tu-95 and B-52 are up to date. Cheers!

1 Like

Lol from Russia’s and the US’s point of view, there should really be no need to update those nuclear bombers because of ICBMs. Why waste hours flying a nuclear bomber to nuke a country when you can fire an ICBM which takes 30 min (more or less). B-52 and the Tu-95 are pretty much obsolete, all they do is “show” the force of those nations, but I don’t see them actually using them in (nuclear) combat.

Good point, although, they’re not just used for dropping nuclear bombs. The B-52 is used quite a bit for its carpet bombing capabilities and the original reason for it being built was for bombing the Vietcong back in Nam in the 1960s. Same sort of thing with the Tu-95, I don’t think the Russians ever thought of using it as a nuclear bomb dropper and more of a heavy carpet bomber (like the B-52) and reconnaissance airplane in today’s stage which we see in the skies without permission of the allies daily. I understand your point about them showing off different nations power and how they aren’t actually used in today’s nuclear warfare, but there was a use for them at one point. Take care.

1 Like

I would love to see this aircraft but the B-52 would be first on my list. B-2 would be nice as well.

haha tupolev. These Russian planes though.

This is a great airplane and a true blast from the past. You have my vote.

Here’s an article and rare video of the Bear “showing it’s claws” and performing aerial refueling.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a true beast!

We need to add more planes to IF that’s not from the west.

These guys love harassing Alaska, would love see this in game!

In my opinion, most Russian aircraft are ugly, except for the Sukhoi Superjet Series.

1 Like

I still remember when Obama came to Canada on his first state visit and it just happened to fly into Canadian airspace at the time!

2 Likes

It’s ugly but they’re mean lol

1 Like

I found a very interesting video explaining how it came about:

Gotta say, it’s a really interesting aircraft and a very beautiful antique!
3 Likes

Any Tupolev is highly welcome in my opinion. They are beautiful designs!
Ty-154
Ty-134
And ofc the Bear

1 Like

Russia’s taking over!

Gives the GAF F-22s somthing to intercept 😁

1 Like