Tupolev Tu-144

Hello! I am making this request because I am dying to fly the Tupolev Tu-144 in one of the best simulators in the world. Also, the Tupolev Tu-144 is one of my favorite aircraft in my top 10 list [#3].

So anyways, let’s get this straight to it.

The Tupolev Tu-144 (Russian: Tyполев Ту-144; NATO reporting name: Charger ) is a retired jet airlinerand commercial supersonic transport aircraft (SST).[2] It is one of only two SSTs to enter commercial service; the other being the Anglo-French Concorde. The design was a product of the Tupolevdesign bureau, headed by Alexei Tupolev, of the Soviet Union and manufactured by the Voronezh Aircraft Production Association in Voronezh, Russia.[1] It conducted 55 passenger service flights, at an average service altitude of 16,000 metres (52,000 ft) and cruised at a speed of around 2,000 kilometres per hour (1,200 mph) (Mach 1.6).[3]

The prototype first flew on 31 December 1968 near Moscow[1] from Zhukovsky Airport[4], two months before the first flight of Concorde. The Tu-144 first went supersonic on 5 June 1969[5] (Concorde first went supersonic on 1 October 1969), and on 26 May 1970 became the first commercial transport to exceed Mach 2.

The aircraft was introduced into passenger service on 1 November 1977, almost two years after Concorde, because of budget restrictions.

The aircraft remained in use as a cargo aircraft until 1983, by which point a total of 102 commercial flights had been completed. The Tu-144 was later used by the Soviet space program to train pilots of the Buran spacecraft, and by NASA for supersonic research.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-144

General characteristics

• Crew: three
  • Capacity: 140 passengers (11 first class & 129 tourist class)
  • Length: 65.70 m (215.54 ft)
  • Wingspan: 28.80 m (with wingtips) (94.48 ft)
  • Height: 12.55 m (41.00 ft)
  • Wing area: 506.35 m² (5,450 ft²)
  • Empty weight: 99,200 kg (218,500 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 125,000 kg (275,330 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 207,000 kg (455,950 lb)
  • Powerplant: 4 × Kolesov RD-36-51 or Kuznetsov NK-144 turbojet, 240 kN (235 to 256 kN) (44,122 lbf)[N 6] each

Performance

-Wikipedia

Photo Credits: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tupolev_Tu-144_at_the_MAKS-2011_(02).jpg

Liveries

*Aeroflot CCCP (Pictured Above)
*NASA/Soviet Space Program Livery (The one with a blue and red stripe on the tail)

This seems like a fantstic idea, i do love that thing. Actually i do like most modern russian aircraft and this one

I think these fastest commercial aircrafts should have another server or casual server. It will broke realism if people use them at TS and ES. I would like to see them but not in standard servers.

Cool feature. Although back that time Russians had to think of something similar to the Concorde, during the Space Race in the Cold War. The experience of this aircraft was really bad, the whole aircrafts design is copied. Many accidents was involved in this plane too. It seems to have an interesting story behind.

Very nice request indeed, sadly I like the Concorde better for some reason and other Russian aircraft like the Sukhoi Supetjet 100 are missing more in my opinion, still very nice request tho (and yes I know Sukhoi technicly isn’t Russian, it’s Ukrainian)

I do think the MC-21 is also pretty cool

2 Likes

I think Concorde will have to be added before this, but I see the potential if IF adds any Russian aircraft.

2 Likes

Little bump

4 Likes

I am bumping this topic because I like the 144

1 Like

This is very similar to the Concorde. The Concorde feature request was closed because it is currently too advanced to make.

While this would be very nice, I doubt it would come soon.

The control pad would take a long time

Hm I kinda like it although it looks a bit sad

Ah maybe it was having a bad day

tu 144

1 Like