Tuning the ILS and Comm Frequencies before in Range?

To be able to input the numbers, IF would need to have a little keypad to punch in the numbers.

2 Likes

Yeah the new update made it way better.

Can’t they make it numerical selected (like the CRS) so you can Tune Nav 1 & 2 Manually? That would add much more realism as well.

1 Like

Like I said, make a feature request when you’re TL2 if it really bothers you that much. Why do you need to tune into it over 27NM anyway?

1 Like

Or just use the same system you select anything else manually with. Like altitude, CRS and stuff. That would work fine, there is only a limited amount of frequencies to select from anyways.

1 Like

To make it more realistic? I don’t like having to go into map, then select the airport, then select runways, and then select the correct ILS. I want to be able to fly an approach on GPS and then select Nav 1 (or 2) when ready.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose that would work. Like @TimShan05 said, make a feature request. You’re not TL2 yet, so keep reading, posting, and liking.

2 Likes

Sorry what is TL2? I am a Level 3 in game.

1 Like

TL2 is member.

3 Likes

Trust Level 2 is on the IFC. Not the actual game.

3 Likes

Ah ok thanks. I will work up to that.

2 Likes

It is a good point because quite often on approach I’ll have to go into my map and click onto like 02 at NZCH I’d prefer it better if we could pre select like your daying rather than last minute taking my eyes off my approach to tune into the ILS

2 Likes

Exactly this. Especially now that they added the awesome feature of multiple Nav’s.

2 Likes

@Aloha_Tradin_Co MaxSez. Well cowboy in paradise with instrument tickets one would expect you’d be familiar with “Radio Wave Propagation”. The reason you can’t tune Hilo ILS from Honolulu is slant range caused by the earths curvature and propagation type. Why would you expect more from IF. Basic science & Google has the ansewer should you chose to research before you jot.
G’day Max, Former Kaneohe resident & Naval Aviation Vet.

2 Likes

Correct, but I would like to Pre-Flight my 172 by inputting the frequency for the 26 at Hilo (110.7) before I even take off from PHNL. I of course realize I am way out of range, but when I get near the airport it will be ready and I can simply select Nav 1 and be ready for the approach.

Is this really a hard concept to understand Mister Naval Vet? Or does your F18 only have one Nav slot so you can’t get the next one ready?

MaxSez: Noted and a Marine Vet. Flew OV10 out of MCAS Kaneohe and a rental 172 for pleasure out of NAS Barbers Point Lad before you where a gleam in your Daddies Eye.
Your Topic was not concise. No mention of Button 1/2, just a ramble about range ect which you just clarified.
Now have a clear picture of yr request. I agrees,
Regret Misinterpretation cowboy. Happy New Year!
G’day, Max
(Your inquiry would make a good feature topic suggest you considerate it)

1 Like

I guess I’ll be more concise next time so I don’t get another condescending rant from yourself. Happy New Years.

1 Like

I agree, there is no use of making a topic on the IFC, a simple google search will tell you the answer, it’s easier than ever! You can even do it with your voice! Google says:
“The curvature of the earth prevents ground-based TV transmissions from going much further than 40 miles (64 km).” (As said before)

Happy new year mate!

1 Like

I dont think any of you is understanding what the OP is asking but whatever… happy new year

i think this has been covered. At this time in IF what the OP is asking is not possible. Perhaps in a future release?

2 Likes