Tuning the ILS and Comm Frequencies before in Range?

Hey All,

Love the new update, however one thing frustrates me. Why can I not Pre-Tune the ILS and Radio frequency to an airport I am out of range at? Now that we have multiple Nav’s, it would be nice to be able to set them up pre-flight. It only allows me to tune the Nav and Radio frequencies when I am “In Range” of the ILS or airport.

Any way around this?

Thanks and Happy New Years to All!

1 Like

No way around this. You can only tune into an ILS frequency when you are within 27 nm of the runway.

1 Like

No because you don’t “tune in” into an ILS when you’re hundreds if not thousands of nm out from destination 🤦‍♂️

1 Like

I fully understand this. But I can “tune” the radio to the correct frequency, so when I get in range it is already setup.

1 Like

By “tune” I meant just have the frequency ready to go, obviously I can’t use it until I am in range of the ILS.

2 Likes

why can’t I have the frequency ready to go?

1 Like

The ILS or Radio Frequency?

1 Like

Both, preferably. But since there is only one Radio that one matters less.

Since we have two Nav’s now you should be able to Tune them both so they are ready to go. Otherwise what is the point?

1 Like

The ILS is a frequency on its own. So it is kind of like a radio channel or frequency. You can’t listen or tune in to it if you are too far from it. It’s common sense. If I were in Japan, I wouldn’t be able to tune into any frequency that’s in New York.

3 Likes

Yes thank you. I have my PPL and am Instrument Rated. I know how they work.

I just want to have the numbers inputed, this is what “Tuning” means. Does not mean I am in range of the ILS. I just want to set in 113.45 for example, so when I get near the airport I can just select Nav 1 (or 2) and not have to go into the map, click on the airport, click on the runway, then tune to Nav.

Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Yes that does, my bad.

I’m not actually sure then.

2 Likes

Before the update it was even worse. It was even harder to tune into the ILS as you had to be closer and you had to be semi aligned with it. Now in the new update, you can tune into it as long as you’re within 27NM. So it has gotten better in the update. If it really bugs you that much make a feature request when you’re TL2

1 Like

To be able to input the numbers, IF would need to have a little keypad to punch in the numbers.

2 Likes

Yeah the new update made it way better.

Can’t they make it numerical selected (like the CRS) so you can Tune Nav 1 & 2 Manually? That would add much more realism as well.

1 Like

Like I said, make a feature request when you’re TL2 if it really bothers you that much. Why do you need to tune into it over 27NM anyway?

1 Like

Or just use the same system you select anything else manually with. Like altitude, CRS and stuff. That would work fine, there is only a limited amount of frequencies to select from anyways.

1 Like

To make it more realistic? I don’t like having to go into map, then select the airport, then select runways, and then select the correct ILS. I want to be able to fly an approach on GPS and then select Nav 1 (or 2) when ready.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose that would work. Like @TimShan05 said, make a feature request. You’re not TL2 yet, so keep reading, posting, and liking.

2 Likes

Sorry what is TL2? I am a Level 3 in game.

1 Like

TL2 is member.

3 Likes