TSA using new 3D scanners...

Hey! 👋🏻

So recently the TSA has began to use new 3D scanners that are more equivalent to CAT scans than th currently used X-Rays, wich can quickly be cluttered by layers of clothing, or be altogether blocked by laptops or tablets. The new scanners can actually detect and eliminate from the image soft items like clothing, candy bars, and those sorts of things. And software can be incorporated to detect and highlight shapes or objects like weapons or cans, they can eaven be able to tell the difference between gells and liquid so restrictions on carrying liquid could be loosened at some point.

Curentely they are only in use at select airports, like Boston, Phoenix, Dulles, JFK, and a few others.

These systems can actually increase speeds by up to 25% because they are able to scan faster and threats can be found quicker. Hopefully this can also help their dismal rates of finding items.

8 Likes

More wasted money by the TSA. If this is “better” then I would be surprised.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that make them be able to see the place where the sun dont shine?

1 Like

No, no, no… 😂

Lol, this is for the thing you put your cary on through…

3 Likes

I hope this will speed up the Concourse A security line at Baltimore. Fingers crossed

My bag was scanned by one of these flying out of ORD the other day. It’s a much more efficient system, and very similar to the one they have in Amsterdam. I was in and out through security within 5 minutes, and with the lines I had it usually takes about 10. All in all, I wanna say that these machines do work better and are faster

2 Likes

Can’t wait until this comes. Flying gets safer everyday.

1 Like

Wonder how much it’ll fail lol

1 Like

You’re not a TSA fan are you…? 😂

2 Likes

I am a fan of TSA mostly because they keep our skies safe. Ever since 9/11, there has never been a hijacking in the US ever since.(I think)

1 Like

I know, I was asking @anon93248082, he was on the same page on a previous topic. I mean he had some valid reasons, but I am on your side, they have done something, at least mentality…

(And just so you know @anon93248082 I am in no way trying to start an argument, I am just curious about your side of this reasonable calm discussion )

2 Likes

I believe I heard somewhere that American Airlines actually purchased some of these for the TSA

2 Likes

lol its fine I am not a TSA fan

1 Like

Ya, I get what you are saying, they have a dismal rate for finding things, so something needs to be done, but I still think some sort of security is definitely needed, because without it aviation would be a free target…

1 Like

I used this technology in Boston. We didn’t even need to take off our shoes. TSA on the Economey line in Terminal E only took 20 min!

2 Likes

well, within 48 hours of this system being installed, the scanner at O’Hare airport caught a guy who was then convicted of identity fraud.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.