TS ATC is actually ok!

Just finished an ATC session controlling Tijuana tower on TS1 about an hour ago, and I have to say thanks to all of those who followed my commands, it made for a really enjoyable session, and hopefully you guys enjoyed it as well. This is something that isn’t heard about that often on this forum, because of this dark looming cloud that we tend to place on the Training Server, and how it’s a nightmare, etc…but there are a lot of people who are willing to listen and to follow the rules. So if they don’t listen to you, don’t just spam “please follow instructions” or get pissed off and leave, instead say for example: “please wait for clearance before taking off” when you tell them to line up and wait. These simple helper messages, are really useful and should be used to their fullest potential, as they not only tell an aircraft what it is that they are doing wrong, but it teaches the pilot what the actual command means, and how they’re carried out.

Thanks for reading!
-Javier

7 Likes

It’s usually the more crowded airports where people are impatient and don’t want to wait in line that are worse, like LAX. Tijuana is usually fine. People like listening when there is less traffic.

Yeah, LAX, NUC, and SAN are a disaster. PSP is usually fine.

2 Likes

Don’t get me started on KNUC… 😂

2 Likes

NUC and LAX would probably take FOREVER.

1 Like

I wouldn’t dare do a team speak atc I would just swear at all the morons that do not behave lol

2 Likes

I had a similar experience last night in Socal. TS1 gave me a really enjoyable flying session. Controllers at KPSP, KSAN, KLAX & MMTJ were offering excellent ATC. One even apologized to me when I had to shoot a go around because a nimrod entered the runway.

Is this the new word everyone calls Playground noobs now? I’m seeing everyone using it.

2 Likes

When I first started on here the veterans always used that term for the trolls and troublemakers. I think we’re seeing an influx of those individuals, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, usually those smaller airports, like KPSP, KONT, MMTJ, have pretty good ATC. It’s just those big ones that are terrible. That’s why I always fly out of MMTJ, not KSAN.

1 Like

KLAX is probably the best major airport on TS, based on traffic behavior None of the major airports are good, but KLAX has multiple runways, so people aren’t normally waiting in long lines unless the ATC is a peanut and sends everyone to the same runway.

1 Like

KLAX is ok, sometimes the controllers are good, sometimes they aren’t. That’s why at LAX I always request to taxi to 25L, since the ATC always sends them to 25R.

“KNUC” the breeding ground for these so called “nimrods” haha

3 Likes

Yeah, almost everyone uses 25L/R even when ATC is offline. I have tried to request to taxi and land on 24L but 25R everytime.

I was actually on TS1 tonight and I saw pilots behaving with controllers. I must ipsay I was impressed! 🙂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.