Trying to see the first condor flight of the year

Well the title may place too much blame on the location, that is only maby 60% true, still don’t go Spotting there, here’s the story…

Today was the first flight of the season for the condor 767, so I had to go watch that beauty land (I never did). My dad had work today as many people do, and this definitely put a strain on our schedule. To make matters worse they were landing the opposite way they usually do, that end of the runway has few to none spotting locations. We of course set out to find a new one, we found the “rental car parking lot” at KPIT, sounds like an ok place to spot especially when I sho you how close to the landing runway…

That’s amazing! Well not so quick, it is a nightmare to get to, you got to go some super in obvious way that it took us nearly half an hour to find, since there are al sorts of over passes, and different levels that aren’t marked on google… Well eventually we made it, but remember how I told you we were tight on time? Ya, while we were driving out I was watching the Condor land on FR24… 😑 So now I am almost mad, but as we are circling a 737 appears!

And of course just my luck my Ipad f-ed up the focus and thought the rain on the windshield was more interesting… (good time to mention it also started raining 😑) Well now we finally made it, and guess what! From the turn around point (you can see it in the map) onwards is “restricted access” great…

Well what’s our view, we are still pretty close…

Not that great, and you had to look over two car washes, and a bunch of cars to see the runway (you could not see the runway), so at long lass we get to the photos…

And if you are about to say “_well @KPIT that is only two pictures where are the rest… _” we had run out of time after just a few moments…

On the bright side, O finally took a picture through barbed wire at a far away plane, so I feel like I can call myself a real plane spotter now…

Well here’s to hoping things are better for you all, now you may get back to less depressing things…

3 Likes

OOf yep that’s probably going to be better then mines

1 Like

I just looked for myself, and it looks like Clinton Rd is gonna be your best bet when they are landing from the west. Sucks that you missed the 767! Next time!

1 Like

Humorously enough, I tried spotting at KDEN in the rental car lot a few days ago 😂

1 Like

Ya, that road is under construction now I think, but they rarely land on the northern runway when they go that way…

Fortunately the way they normally go has some good spots…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.