Trying to achieve my CPL

Hey i work for an Airline (AA) and wanted to know if any real commercial pilots on here could show a path to becoming a Commercial pilot hopefully we work for the same airline if not thats fine too

@Aernout @ivandalavia @Heavydriver

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

You work for American Airlines (the world’s largest airline) and there’s no one you can ask for?

2 Likes

It all depends on the country you are from (different countries have different requirements) and whether you want to/can pay for all your training or instead get it through the armed forces for (basically) free. Try looking around the internet for more information

1 Like

I would recommend checking out the PPRUNE online forum. They have some great forum boards, especially for Wannibees, with lots of great advise. Check it out.

1 Like

Cadet program(That’s what they call in Cathay)

If you got through the try-outs then you can get certified for free and work your way up to a captain training captain etc for that airline

I’ll reply when I get a chance

1 Like

I’d suggest you to go to a local flight school in your area and ask them about a CPL. I used to work for united and I talked to all the pilots I met, and they all suggest that either Air Force or pull out loans to afford it.

1 Like

1 Like

How that exactly possible? I am in that program and been an FO for envoy for 3 yrs now flying the erj145.

Heck even upgrades to cap for the erj is about 4-6 years.

And what’s the name of the recruiter if you don’t mind me asking. Feel free to pm me if you don’t want to share his or her name in public. Thanks

@Kay_Jay… Max Sez… If you have a bachelors degree look into The “Naval Flight Officers Candidate Program”. The US Navy & Marines are always lookin for a few good men. Full info on the Web.

I thought there was a way of becoming a commercial pilot by getting a ppl first and taking a few other courses?

Pipeline program is a good deal for the right person. If I was still at Eagle “Envoy” I’d be doing Aspen flying and 100 numbers or less from upgrade. Envoy is one of the better regionals out there but the goal is PIC. Between my seniority and the last 2008 hire there was a huge gap. Once caption hits my group which should be awarded in a few months from now upgrades will drop drastically. My best advice is take the path that cost you the least mount of money and that doesn’t involve the military. Nothing against the military but 200 hours a year won’t get you to any airline in a reasonable amount of time. Some of my best students and close friends are C-17, C-5, and A-10 drivers thus I’m not just making this up.

If you do go military go reserve or guarD and get a normal job that keeps you flying during the rest of the time. I’ll try to post more later but I’ve lost track of time being in a 28 day trip.

Happy Landings,

HD

2 Likes

Thank you for that info!

1 Like

That’s not bad I suppose not as much as flight school lol