Trying ATC at KSAN

If anyone’s interested I’m trying my hand at ATC, KSAN on TS2. It’s a ghost town right now. I’ll probably hang out for around 20 minutes unless someone shows up. Thanks!

2 Likes

On the way

1 Like

Thanks for coming out! I appreciate the practice.

If you’re looking to join ADV, let me know!

1 Like

I’d definitely like to get as good as the ADV crew!! I’ve been flying for a while now, I think I’m due to give back and learn how to control really well.

2 Likes

I would personally love to have you aboard the adv crew! :) I’ll try and make your next session so I can evaluate you ;)

1 Like

Sounds excellent!! I just tried KSAN on TS1 and it was super busy. I did my best but it was craziness. I kept Tyler’s tutorial videos in mind but my pilots sure didn’t 😂

If your still around in 10-15 I’ll come along.

1 Like

Should I have held my tongue until after I asked about adv?

I’m going to give my phone a try so I’ll try for TS1. If it’s not open I’ll go to TS2

is this still going on?

1 Like

Yeah I’m here on TS2

1 Like

Thanks for coming out! I appreciate the practice. Please feel free to offer any feedback.

1 Like

Thanks for hosting this ^^

Im not sure if you are required to ask me to enter right downwind everytime im turning into crosswind because i used to do it and was told i didnt have to.

I only know some of IF’s practices =p i think an IFATC member would be better suit providing much precise feedback xD Hope you could get a session with IFATC members if you intend of being an ATC in expert server.

Otherwise, i enjoyed this session ^^ pity its really a ghost town at this time =p

Thanks again!

1 Like

Nope no need for that @Flightfan84. But it’s all part of a learning process for ATC and pilots (:

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification ^^

1 Like

My pleasure! Sincerely. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to direct you to downwind each time either. Since it was just you and I, and you had announced pattern work during takeoff I bet that I could have just given you a direction and let you carry on. There wasn’t any sequencing necessary after that in hindsight. I did feel obligated to offer something to you, but I could be wrong. Thanks again for coming out! PM me if you want to do it again some time.

1 Like

Just read this, thank you @MishaCamp !. I’ll remember this in the future. Btw I enjoyed your discussion on FlightCast recently. Have a great morning/afternoon guys!

2 Likes

Cheers dude! Have a good one

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.