Try every aircraft without HUD

Guys, this is actually amazing.

Since I’ve tried the live cockpit, I started flying without hud and just set everything I want to see ( alt, speed, heading etc…) on the dock.

Then look at the view…! It’s really realistic!
It’s quite shocking for me.

Does anybody already do that before latest updates?

5 Likes

Yeah. When I flew GA I would always try to do that. Obviously it was hard but worthwhile.

1 Like

I’ve done it since they added the HUD MAP option when the cub came out, it’s pretty hard to stick on the PAPI instead of ILS

1 Like

I do it in real life ;)

2 Likes

It’s very hard after you’ve gotten used to flying with the hud. Gonna take some practice but I’ll get the hang of it

1 Like

I only do this in the XCubs that have mostly steam gauges instead of mainly a glass cockpit. It’s relatively easy if you watch you VS for the most part.

1 Like

I do the same! I need some more practice though. I find it pretty difficult landing the A320 without the flight path vector. And I can‘t see the VS very good since it‘s very small on the screen.

2 Likes

There is two different options for the xcub cockpit. There is a mainly glass cockpit and a mainly steam gauge cockpit. The steam gauge cockpits are in the blue xcub and the 50th EAA anniversary xcub I think. I will only use those two models just so I can fly purely off steam gauge.

1 Like

I was doing No HUD landing videos on IFFG but it didn’t pick up a lot of views so I stopped.
The challenge was to do the approach on A/P and disengage 5-7nm. Fly the rest of the way manually. No HUD, no Maps and no Navaids allowed

1 Like

I only stopped using hud after the update on the A320

1 Like

I only use the HUD to make sure my speed is going down on descent. If I don’t check it and use spoilers I may be in for some trouble 😬

I mean, I could always put airspeed on the bottom bar but I already have ground speed there, so…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.