Truck Tilt

I think that the back Gears on the planes that have gear tilt should have gear tilt it would I think bring more realism to IF

Example:

I’m probably wrong on this but I thought truck tilt was only when it tilts forward like the 767.

16 Likes

This topic should help clear up your confusion:

Great request, Colin. Would love to see truck tilt implemented one day. :)

13 Likes

Sorry for the confusion over here. I did edit the “Gear Tilt” into “Truck Tilt” several hours ago. The reason was explained by Nathan’s post 😊

5 Likes

Million dollar idea. Now my A330, 747s, 777s and 787 would be dang realistic

9 Likes

I can’t wait to see the A330 and the B777 with truck tilt in IF :D!

6 Likes

Hasn’t this feature already been requested?

3 Likes

IT was closed …

3 Likes

I think bumping this topic can’t be bad. We need the gear tilt feature!

6 Likes

Bumped it up, great idea!

http://www.boeing-747.com/photo_album/

4 Likes

There is a glitch in IF, if you take the gears up/down in the 787, there is a tilt seen in the procedure. Then, go in replay, pause at the moment when the tilt was seen, then resume. It remains tilted, but it doesn’t let you land like that.

It would certainly be a realistic addition in IF. I’ve voted for this, as it would raise the realism bar in IF.

8 Likes

One picture per request, @Jet_Airways_995 @Reedgreat… being regulars you must’ve known

3 Likes

I cry every time I see Boeing 747’s truck going down instead of stay tilt after extending the landing gear. Boeing 747 has awesome truck tilt.

7 Likes

Dude, every plane has awesome truck tilt!

2 Likes

This is an essential for a flight sim. Definitely!

3 Likes

This would be cool to see

5 Likes

I feel this is needed as it would make softer landings, wouldn’t be too hard would it, maybe add it each time an aircraft is reworked

6 Likes

truck tilt, lets get tilt on the 77W maybe.
vote vote vote
the tilt of the landing gear really makes landings softer

5 Likes

The forgotten tilt is always the ones that face forward rather than backwards, such as on the a380, and the b767.

6 Likes

Also some 757’s haha

2 Likes