Trouble with the A330 series

I was flying out of RKSI and was flying the A330-900neo, and I’m always having trouble with any A330 model while climbing. For some reason I always stall the plane out and I don’t know why. Here is a pic I took while climbing out of RKSI from FL360 to FL370 at 2000 fpm.

As you can see my throttle is at 100% and I’m losing speed, it even happens right after takeoff. Am I doing something wrong?

3 Likes

Seeming as you were climbing out of RKSI, you are going straight to a high altitude versus starting off at a lower altitude and gradually climbing.

I also noticed your weight is definitely on the heavy side so going to a high altitude is going to be a struggle from the get-go.

2 Likes

this would be the problem boss. for altitude changes at cruise, 500fpm is the safest (and most realistic) bet

1 Like

So is my problem my altitude or how fast I’m climbing

When flying the A330 at a heavy load, it is advisable that you fly at a lower altitude. At loads as high as the ones that you’re flying at, I would usually cruise at about FL300-FL310, and never higher than FL330.

Making use of the step climb method throughout your flight to get you to a higher altitude would also be beneficial as you become lighter, as well as reducing your rate of climb to something more manageable, between 1000-1500 feet per minute, for example.

1 Like

But what about after takeoff?

on top of what wizrak just said, the A339 cruises at M82

1 Like

initial climb maintain 15 degrees pitch, reduce to 10 degrees at 1000 AGL, then 2000fpm to 10,000ft, and i usually do 1800fpm until FL280, then 1200fpm to initial cruise

2 Likes

On takeoff you can have a higher fpm, however you should lower as you increase your speed.

1 Like

Being at 95% load, FL370 is too high for the A333

You might want to set an initial altitude like FL310 and step climb

1 Like

While you can climb at a high rate of climb early on in your flight, say after rotating, maintaining that rate of climb all the way up to cruise is a whole different story. You’ll notice that in the real world, no plane maintains a rate of climb that fast.

Honestly I didn’t even see how much load I put in there

You can also have a look here:

1 Like

Also this one is useful

1 Like