Tropical Storm Maria Watch (On Irma's Track)

ChrisSez: Atlantic Tropical Depression Maria heating up. Possibly following Irma’s Track. ''Tis the Season"!

"As Hurricane Jose ambles northward in the Atlantic far off the East Coast, an innocuous-sounding system has turned into Tropical Storm Maria in the Caribbean and could well follow Irma’s destructive path toward Florida as a full-blown hurricane.

At 5 p.m. Saturday, the National Hurricane Center upgraded the one-time disturbance to Tropical Depression Maria and said it was 620 miles east-southeast of the Lesser Antilles, moving west at 20 mph. It was packing maximum sustained winds of 50 mph.

A hurricane watch was issued for Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts, Nevis and Montserrat, a route followed by Irma as it moved westward." (USAToday)

9 Likes

I’ve moved this to general Max, as I’m unsure other than the effect it may have on real world flight how this would constitute a RWA topic.

I have my fingers and toes! Crossed that this storm isn’t a replication of the disaster and destruction we have seen from other similar storms in the past month.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to put the 32 sets of window shutters back on my two story house… at least I’ll have power and internet so I can play Infinite… oh wait 😐

14 Likes

For this one I am leaving, 1 week later and still no AC due to power, not gonna deal with this a second time 🙄.

4 Likes

What temperature is it? (Celcius)

My home is at around 32 degrees celcius, fans running full power and still hot!

1 Like

We got luckily. Only lost power for about 12 hours, but we had a generator. Need one in Florida, with things like this hopefully not happening so often. Our new house has been out of power for about 5 days now, though. Finally came back on today. Only our house though. Everyone around never lost power in the first place. Palm Beach didn’t have it so bad compared to some other cities, though. Did you get your power back?

2 Likes

You would hate the UK then, when it gets hot here we don’t have A/C or many fans so you have to rely on Windows 😂

2 Likes

I got the 110 back, not the 220 so no AC. Only basic things but no AC.

2 Likes

I’m from FL but I was in the U.K. during the hottest day of the year, I almost melted.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got some power back at least

1 Like

Yup! Kinda used to the heat because you know, Cuba…

2 Likes

Yeah 35 degrees and going to school, and being at home in general is torture as there is no A/C. You have to sit in your Room all day with your fan 😂

Just coming off a six and a half hour flight from JFK and then sitting by our window sweating just hoping for a breeze, it wasn’t fun.😂

1 Like

MaxSez: This is my final post this Topic.

2 Likes

What do you mean by that

He means he is not commenting on this topic anymore

3 Likes

Everyone: Back on Topic (Not about sweating and windows being open…)

1 Like

Unbelievably, I had power the whole time. Seems like the only neighborhood in all of Hillsborough County. 😂

Any way, back in topic, if will be interesting to see what this storm develops into. Hopefully nothing like Irma.

1 Like

ChrisSez: Have taken over the topic from Max, will cover this storm’s every move till it dissipates, regards.
Please leave all off topic coversations in PM, unless you have to say anything regarding this storm.