Tropical Storm Irma affecting southeastern US

If it makes landfall in Florida. It might

1 Like

This is a brief glimpse of what the forecast is currently showing for Sunday next weekend. Take note of the altitude I have selected. At 3000ft, winds could potentially near 100kts. Closer to 80kts towards the surface. Should be an interesting weekend. Stay on your toes for those in Irma’s path. 😕

11 Likes

Uh-oh looks like my C130 will get some use! 😀

5 Likes

Hurricane Hunters are standing by

8 Likes

I believe there already is one in the storm

2 Likes

Yes, NOAA42 is currently is flying around Irma.

3 Likes

It may push a little farther north than SoFlo and actually hit right into the Cape Canaveral

1 Like

SoFlo is still going to get a good amount of rain. As I said before, we’re still getting systems from Harvey here

2 Likes

I have a feeling it might take the same path as Hurricane Matthew, side swiping Central Florida.

2 Likes

Get ready to take you 172 for a spin!

2 Likes

euro model says florida region is getting hit
gfs model says ny/nj region is getting hit

but you’re right we don’t know as of now of whats going to happen

hopefully the high pressure system off in the atlantic will pull through for us

1 Like

Just waiting a couple more days until it hits the Caribbeans. We should hopefully know by then what Irma plans to do. Hoping it doesn’t interfere with anything. Getting impact windows (Windows rated to take impacts of flying debris at hurricane speeds, so we don’t have to put up shutters. If Irma hits, it’ll be between the time that was set for installation to begin and for installation to end. So we’ll have windowless frames completely open to the outside waiting for its replacement. Perfect timing

1 Like

Gotta start up my cirrus!

Make sure you don’t try and fly to an airport that’s into the headwind because you might go backwards. 😂

1 Like

Time to do some vertical takeoffs and landings in a 737, some 150 GS landings in 172s. And some Mach 1+alongtheground flights

1 Like

Everyone needs to get in the hurricane c-130

Rubbish. I’m getting in a. Cessna 172 with the callsign HURRICAN

1 Like

Time to buy the Caribbean region i guess

1 Like

What about the decathlon

1 Like

Yes. Decathlon will be better.

1 Like