Tropical Planes @ PHNL, PHJH

In continuation of my last HNL spotting topic, here’s a few more shots from my time in the Hawaiian Islands. Many of the shots from that and the PHOG topic were uploaded at 30-60% of the original quality so I’ve had to re-edit every shot, these should be in much higher quality.

Hawaii in general is a place I travel to about every year, so I’ll be excited to re-visit HNL sometime in the near future!

A reflective ramp and stunning 717!

One of the RAAF’s goofy E-7 Wedgetail banking off of 08R.

One of the several Japan - Hawaii flights.

This one made an appearance of the other topic but might as well share the one other shot I have of it.

rainbow

fall-winter spotting in HNL is beyond mid for it’s lighting.

Hawaii ANG doing some rather rare departures off 08L.

As for Lahaina, there’s only about 3-5 scheduled flights daily, here’s one of them leaving for Honolulu! Lahaina / Kapalua Airport is a very chill airport on the western side of Maui, ATR’s for Ohana Airlines used to fly into here but unfortunately they’re no longer in service.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube
Volanta

44 Likes

Very plane pictures. I disliked the helicopter the least :P

Great shots!

3 Likes

it would not be a proper hawaii spotting trip without some rainbow coloured heli appearing out of thinair, thanks!

1 Like

You ALMOST went an entire topic without clipping wings

3 Likes

had to make @Dan_77 mad one way or another…

2 Likes

why is every file name stabilize r u using cheating software

2 Likes

fixed it thanks for noticing

2 Likes

Awful pictures, especially the F-22s. 🤮

1 Like

You know what, that’s it, no more Brazil.

3 Likes

Wait, what? Thank god.

There are some F-35ʻs here this week, very dissapotined you didn’t take any pictures, I’m leaving a bad review on yelp
🤧

1 Like

A380 reminds me of your forehead tbh

2 Likes

its not even existent so this statement is rather incorrect

2 Likes

Aside from the 787, perfect topic 😍

1 Like

Stunning shots! Some impressive reflections on some of these.

1 Like

So nobody’s going to talk about this incredible picture?!

3 Likes

ive been in the tower at PHJH.

1 Like

I checked out the terminal and went out on the ramp, no planes out there when I went though sadly.

That’s awesome! Idk if they still keep someone up there but a family friend use to work up there and got to ride with the airport firefighters as well

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.