Trip to Penguin Land! ( Adelaide Is flyover )

Well I finally made it, 6,509 miles covered across 2 flights and one ship ride I officially welcome you all to Adelaide Island, Antarctica πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ά after a really rough voyage from Ushuaia, Argentina πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· through the Drake Passage yeah its pretty cold πŸ₯Ά but I am glad I finally made it here and being with these penguins 🐧 and seeing the life and nature of this remote area of the planet is really interesting I did take a small flight over the island to see it from the sky so that is what I present today, lets get going!

Origin: Rothera Research Station ( EGAR )
Destination: Rothera Research Station ( EGAR )
Flight Time: 0:10
Daher TBM-930 ( Infinite Flight - Dark )
Server: Expert

Here is our TBM-930 that will take us over the island before landing here again to pick up other tourists and doing the same thing over and over again and this cold weather isn’t bothering me anymore I actually prefer it over the heat in Florida.

Now this is the craziest part, since I do have a pilots license I was able to sit in the F/O seat which was crazy even though I do pilot a Cessna 172 back home.

I was able to sit front row during our elegant take off out of here and I got excited for the views over this gorgeous part of the planet!

Right after take off, we took a sharp right turn and this view was already getting me excited for the views even for this short 10 minute flight.

This was without a doubt, my favorite part of the flight were we just flew over this little ice hill and it honestly felt like I was in another planet maybe that could be my next trip??

We only cruised at 2,000 feet and only like 6 minutes after departure we were already turning for final RWY 18 back at Rothera Reseatch Station

Now this was exciting, the captain offered me to land the plane because of my license, I was super nervous about it but I had to take the opportunity to do it so I did it.

So how did it go? well it went okay, I was good in terms of altitude and speed but I did bounce a little bit but I was able to stop in time and everybody was clapping after my landing which made me feel honored im glad I took the opportunity this something that I will most likely never forget ❀️

Well here we are 10 minutes later, Very scenic and lovely experience especially being able to sit in the F/Os seat and landing the plane sadly my time here is coming to an end and i’ll be returning home tomorrow but I shouldn’t be sad about leaving I should be happy I got the chance to come here, see you back in Ushuaia!

9 Likes