Trip to a full motion sim

Hey IFC, I have a question for you guys. A family friend of mine that is moving from the B738 is about to start flying the B752. As some of you may know, my birthday is coming up in March, and I was going to go with him to Denver so I can have a chance to fly in a full motion 757 sim during his training. I was creating this topic because I was going to make a video about it, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what I should do.

7 Likes

Uhh… Fly?

I’ve been In one before, you should do some touch and goes, landings, takeoffs, and possibly stalls, but I dont think you’d be allowed.

6 Likes

Be allowed to fly?

3 Likes

Not be allowed to do stalls :)

3 Likes

Thanks. I was thinking about doing certain weights at different locations, as well as maybe some failures if I’m allowed.

No, I’m not doing a fully loaded B757-200 at Lukla

5 Likes

Oh, and try crosswind and bad weather! It was really fun for me ;)

You should try landing at a difficult airport if they allow you to choose.

4 Likes

That would be cool. I don’t want to mention the airline it’s with, but if you PM me we can talk about it more.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Although I’m not willing to spend $800 on rudder pedals/throttle quadrant/yoke for IF, I’ll definitely be recreating the situations in IF to see how similar they are.

2 Likes

Oops wrong suggestion, don’t want anyone to go broke even though it’s there choice but still wrong suggestion

2 Likes

I’d spend that type of money on a sim, just not a mobile sim. Alright, back on topic.

1 Like

Yes back on topic just wanted to get that message to not take my advice

1 Like

Thanks though.

Try flying in Alaska. Maybe try PAJN. Runway 26 approach is really fun, especially in poor conditions.

2 Likes

Thsnks, I’ll try that. I thought Juneau was to small for a 757 though

And the airline that owns the simulator doesn’t fly their, but we’ll see

Nope. 8,000 foot runway. Should be good, however, it’s not realistic as it doesn’t see anything bigger than a 737-900ER.

1 Like

You should try the carnasie approach and DCA’s river approach. Those might be fun.

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Yup! That’s what the IFC’s here for… sorta.

@anon38496261 Something is wrong here 😆

2 Likes