Trip Report | YSSY - YMML

2019-02-28T21:10:00Z
Airline and aircraft detais:
A 17-year-old (Jan 2002) Qantas Boeing 737-838 registration VH-VXD and MSN 29552. (One month older than myself).
Airports
Sydney (YSSY/SYD) to Melbourne (YMML/MEL)
Times in AEDT (Australian Eastern Day savings Time)
DEPARTURE
Scheduled: 0815
Actual: 0848 (delays affecting all flights departing Sydney).
ARRIVAL
Scheduled: 0950
Actual: 1008
FLIGHT TIME
1h 20m (roughly)

Reason for flight:
Avalon airshow! Debrief on that later though.

Pushed back from gate 44 at DOM1, T3 (Qantas terminal) before taxing to runway 34R via C1, C, crossing runway 25.

Then back into the taxiway C to pass the ATC tower (of which I have actually been in) and an airport navigation equipment (I can’t remember what they are called, please help) Continued to pass a few more signs, the DOPLAR radar and approach instruments before getting to the runway.
IMG_8344
We even passed over runway 25IMG_8377 We flew around in the clouds for a few minutes before quickly reaching our cruising altitude of 38,000ft.IMG_8425 Before we knew it (and after some midair flight siming, we were on approach to MELIMG_8453 fullsizeoutput_908 fullsizeoutput_909 After the landing, leaving the plane and finding our way around, we even went and looked at a Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner who was going to fly to PER (Peth) to do it’s special non-stop flight from YPPH to EGLL non-stop! Next, Avlaon International Airshow!

13 Likes

Very nice and some interesting shots to share with us!

2 Likes

Nice shots, enjoy the airshow!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.