| Trip Report! | Virgin Australia Boeing 737-800 | Sydney (YSSY) to Brisbane (YBBN) | Apr 24 2021 |

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I flew from Sydney to Brisbane on Virgin Australia. I wanted to share my trip with you so here I go! I hope you enjoy, if there are any recommendations to my trip report please share it with me as this is my first report!

Here is the check in counters, it was nice and empty so it didn’t take long to grab my boarding pass, drop off my baggage and head to security. It was nice to see how well Virgin Australia took on COVID and followed the precautions very well.

I didn’t take any photos of security, however it was pleasantly fast and easy.

Next I headed off for the gate, which was Gate 40, in the Virgin Australia concourse at Sydney’s Terminal 2. The Virgin Australia concourse looked really clean and the amount of windows meant it was really lit up, and it also offered great views of the Apron, Taxiways, Runway and International Terminal! Already at the gate was my ride for today VH-VUG, a 14 year old Boeing 737-800. Today I would be sitting in seat 11A, which unfortunately meant not boarding via air stairs.

Thankfully, it was a window seat so it meant great views for the entire flight.

About halfway into the flight, the cabin crew came around to allow the purchase of food and beverage. Unfortunately, due to Virgin’s restructuring, there was no longer any complimentary meals on board, which meant you had to pay for everything except for water, tea and coffee. Because of this I only chose a cup of water. Here is the menu for those interested:

The sun began to set so I took some photos as we approached Brisbane

Finally, we touched down on runway 01R, it wasn’t the greatest landing, but hey, it was a great flight nevertheless.

Uploading: 18DCC3FD-5155-408B
-BB26-2D0260AAF9D7.jpeg…

Overall it was a lovely flight, great staff and crew and I loved to be able to fly again!
Here are a few pics I got after we disembarked:

Please leave any tips or improvements as it will really help me make my next report even better 😊

Thanks for reading!

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.