Trip Report Part 1 of 4: Flying Delta for Spring Break Across the Pond '24 - is it really that good?

What’s going on IFC? It’s ya boi, Waxy. First off, I’d just like to say, happy April! It’s been a great ride here so far, and my year is going great! Today, we will be taking a look into my experience on board a couple of Delta flights that took me on Spring Break to the lovely city of London! I would’ve posted this sooner, but I’ve been pretty busy as of late, anyways, without further ado, let’s jump right into it!

Taking the tram from security to our terminal! You can see a few Delta planes, and one Southwest trying to hide behind one of them.

We got to the terminal a little under an hour before we needed to start boarding, so in the meantime, we checked out the lounge at MCO (not the official Delta lounge), and it was pretty nice - quiet, some great food, and an overall pleasure to be in. Solid 8/10 (this was my first lounge ever visiting, so I don’t really have much context to be able to rate it).

Anywho, after that, we headed to our gate, where we boarded our plane - bound for Atlanta! (Just so you know, for all four of these flights, I flew in Comfort+ - more on that in the next post)

View out of my window! Directly in front of us, you will see the Antonov-TU A3, or more commonly referred to by aviation fanatics as the Boeing 757. Behind that, you can get a glimpse of a Delta A339NEO. Pretty sick, if you ask me.

For those of you that like aviation

Airline: Delta - DAL
Flight #: DL1576
Aircraft Registration: N856NW
Departure Airport: MCO (Orlando International Airport)
Departure Gate: 75
Cruise alt/SPD: FL290/370 KTS
Arrival Airport: ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport)
Landing runway: 27L
Arrival Gate: F06
Departure time: 2025Z
Arrival time: 2209Z
Date: 14th March
Landing rating: 6

For the rest of you that don’t like aviation (and I guess for the ones that do), my flight was pretty great. We ended up seated at the front of the section, so we had a ton of space in front of us. Service was pretty good, and the flight crew was kind and hospitable.

Anyways, once we arrived in Atlanta, we pulled into the gate next to an A350 (not sure which variant). And yeah, that’s about it! Got a couple of pictures of other planes, so I’ll share one here, and the others in Part 2.

Bonus pic: You can see this awesome-looking Air France B789, and to the right of the screen, I think the tail belongs to a Lufthansa A340 (again, not sure which variant).

Thank you so much for giving this topic a chance, as it really means a lot to me. With that being said, I look forward to seeing you guys in the next post (part two of this 4-part series - be on the lookout - dropping very soon!), and I hope you all have a great rest of your day. I’m Waxy, signing out for now. Peace!

For inquiries as to why this post contained an excessive amount of cringe today, please contact me at bulksales@adidas.com

Since you’re still here, why not take a few seconds to complete these surveys? It’s free, and it’s helpful to me to know what I did well, and what I should improve on for the future.

What is your favorite picture?
  • Picture 1
  • Picture 2
  • Picture 3
  • They all look great!
0 voters
What was your favorite part of this post?
  • Me
  • Comedy/humor/cringe
  • Photos
  • Descriptive words
  • All of the above
0 voters
6 Likes

Great photos - amazing trip report!

1 Like

Nice trip report. Hope you enjoyed London. I flew Delta domestically once and I was amazed on how nice everything was for like a flight with a duration of an hour. They even had IFEs in every seat. One of my favourite airlines

2 Likes