Trip Report Part 1: American Airlines KFLL-KDFW (Airbus A321-200) during COVID-19

Hello everybody,
About 4 weeks ago my family booked a last minute trip to the beautiful and elegant mountain town of Aspen, CO because I hadn’t gone on a proper vacation since August of 2019. Because of the exorbitant and frankly appalling prices of flights into Aspen Pitkin-County Airport (KASE), we decided to opt to fly to Vail/Eagle Co. Airport (KEGE) through Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport from my home airport of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (KFLL). (Special thanks to @DeerCrusher @Luke_Sta for helping me decide the specifics for choosing the route). This will a trip report of the first part of this amazing trip to Colorado!

I had to wake up at 7AM in the morning to catch this early flight and we drove 20 minutes down to the beautiful airport of Fort Lauderdale and parked in the Palm Garage. The terminal was EXTREMELY crowded and I felt very unsafe during these scary times. Nevertheless, I went through security quite easily and sat down near our gate in the F Concourse and I was surprised by the lack of care that people on this flight had to preventing the spread of this virus, as shown by this photo.

Anyways, I made my way to the beautiful Airbus A321 and sat down in my beautiful window seat!

As we taxiied to Runway 28R (which was unusual for departures), I caught some pretty cool planes like this JetBlue Vacations A320 and Azul A330-900NEO.

We took off and quickly reached cruise altitude, while I sipped on some coffee enjoying the scenery of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico below.

The flight went by really quickly and sooner or later, we began our descent into American’s main hub of Dallas Fort-Worth. While on left downwind, I caught this amazing photo of this megahub (@Altaria55 you are one lucky guy).

We had a pretty floaty butter in to Dallas-Fort Worth and did a very long taxi back to our terminal where I had a short 1 hour layover before my next flight!
Anyways thanks for reading this thing and my next flight report on this journey will be posted soon!

20 Likes

People will people when boarding a flight… Even though annoucements are made to maintain social distancing, people don’t becuase they want that overhead bin space.

2 Likes

Yup, it was a free for all with half the people not even covering their nose. I do have to congratulate American Airlines for making it a priority to make sure everyone was wearing a face covering and giving us sanitizing wipes, also they cleaned the aircraft thoroughly.

1 Like

Excellent post brate

1 Like

Hvala ti, you should make one for your flight to Saint Pete.

1 Like

True, good idea

1 Like

Great trip report!

BTW that is an Azul A339 (A330-900NEO)
Even cooler ;)

1 Like

Oh wow I had no idea! Thank you, there are 2 more reports to come from this trip. I really liked your report from Paris CDG, one of my favourite airports.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Can’t wait to see part 2 and 3!

1 Like

Lately I’ve found myself flying to and controlling at Aspen like crazy in IF, not to mention watching videos on YouTube, and for some unknown reason, I’m obsessed, haha. Looking forward to the rest of the parts!

1 Like

I definitely don’t blame you, it’s an amazing airport!

1 Like

Nice, Poor you going from sea level to 8,000ft in one day you mustve been gasping for air lol. Just went to KSAT on an alaska flight.

1 Like

Oh yeah, right after I landed I went to the top of a 11,212 foot peak for a little bit of a “sunset hike” and found myself gasping for air by the end, nonetheless I got some strange looks from the locals haha

1 Like