Trip Report DL2240 KSEA-KLAX

Earlier in the day I embarked on a flight from Boston to Seattle. After an 11 hour layover, I was on flight #2240 with service to LA. On the A319, I was in seat 10A in Delta Comfort +. I was upgraded because this was an uncharacteristic empty flight to LAX. Now on to the report.
At 17:25 PST, we boarded gate A1 on board Delta’s oldest A319. The plane normally accommodates 132 however there were only about 70 passengers aboard. I happened to be one of 3 in Comfort +. Unfortunately the flight attendants could be heard saying how they would enjoy the empty flight. This displeased me as this is not the normal Delta way! Anyway, after 20 or so minutes we pushed back and started to taxi.
image image
Passengers on the left side saw 3 heavies departing for Tokyo-Narita Airport. We were fourth in line behind those jets and after too long we took off, Hollywood bound!
image image
The climb was a lot smoother this time and I was able to take advantage of the beautiful scenery!
At cruise altitude, we were offered the usual snacks and drinks from the stewardesses. I chose pretzels and a lemonade. I watched Infinity War and I enjoyed every second of Delta’s great IFE and Wi-Fi. However, I noticed an extreme lack of flight attendant presence throughout the flight. I only saw them at the TOC, TOD, and pre-final. Just because the flight isn’t full doesn’t mean they can basically abandon the customers. Okay, now let’s just get ready for the landing. We began our descent over the iconic wine fields of Cali and slowly glided to our final approach.
image image
The landing was a good one, one of the smoothest I’ve experienced and taxi times were quick.
We finally arrived at the gate after a 1hr 58min runway to runway flight.

Overall 15/20 (avoid these flight attendants!)
Service 1/5
Aircraft Quality 4/5
Comfort 5/5 (34” of room was great)
Landing 5/5

5 Likes

very beautiful, I like night flights

1 Like

Thanks man, I actually don’t like flying at night but we all have preferences!

1 Like