Trip Report- Delta 737-900ER Economy, KJFK-KPHX

Hi! I flew Deltas (amazing) 737-900ER on a 4 and a half hour journey across the country. Here is a trip report about it.

N894DN, a one year old 737-900ER will take me to Phoenix!

I boarded in MAIN2, and it was a very easy and relaxed boarding process. I liked deltas small groups of people boarding, even though the flight was full everyone got a overhead bin space and nothing was gate checked. I think this boarding process had something to do with it.

Once onboard, I looked through deltas IFE, delta is one of the few airlines in the US still installing these, and that shows how delta really cares about the customers

We closed our boarding door and taxied to the runway. Takeoff was uneventful but the views of Manhattan were amazing!

Their was a lot of turbulence in the beginning of the flight so service didn’t start till about an hour and a half after takeoff

Once it did start, I had a Biscoff Cookie!!! If you fly delta, get this. Its free, and it’s amazing!

The rest of the flight was uneventful, I spent most of it watching movies and looking out the window.

We landed in Phoenix earlier then expected, about 30 mins ahead of schedule and taxied to the gate

Conclusion: this was a great flight. The service was great, the plane was brand new, and the ride was enjoyable. Thank you for reading my trip report! This is my first on the IFC, so any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

22 Likes

I’m really glad that you enjoyed the flight my favotive Boeing aircraft For Delta is the 737- 900

1 Like

I love Delta’s B739

They are really pretty and fit perfectly with the livery

1 Like

Wow! I flew this same aircraft on the same day, back to KJFK! The aircraft was very nice, I agree. What are the chances, though? 😉

2 Likes

Woah!!! That’s random!

1 Like

Where is the lovely food?

1 Like

Didn’t have any food on this flight, I had some food in the airport.

1 Like

Oh okay nice!!

1 Like

do they fly to SJC???

Yeah

ATL-SJC and DTW-SJC is operated with the B739

MSP-SJC and JFK-SJC will soon be operated by them

1 Like

Nice. These aircraft have some of the best interiors in the Sky, glad everyone even at “smaller” airports like SJC can enjoy it!

also very fast reply 😂

TRIGGERED!!!

SJC is medium sized…not small

1 Like

I didn’t say small I said Smaller

😉

I mean it’s smaller then SFO so smaller works!

That’s a big oof

btw if you want proof that B739ERs come to SJC, N909DN is about to depart SJC for DTW

1 Like

I believe you fully but thank you for providing details!

mega oof

1 Like

Looks nice! Hope you enjoyed your flight and enjoy your stay in Phoenix!

1 Like

How was the terminal at Phoenix? The new concourse just opened in January.

1 Like

Delta’s aircraft are always great! Took the 739 down to Tampa last summer, it was a great relief from Spirit!

2 Likes

It was fine. Just stayed in there for a few mins. Modern looking though!!

@Aceorbit why in God’s name would you fly spirit. Other then the price 👀

@Dylan_M thanks!! I am having an amazing time in AZ (left Phoenix yesterday lol)

2 Likes

Literally why my family flies them often, if I have a 100 extra dollars after to spend on a Jet Ski rental instead of on a ticket I’d probably take the Jet Ski :P

2 Likes