Trip Report- Atlanta to San Salvador

Server: Solo
Flight Time: 3 hours, 1 minute
Aircraft & Livery: Delta Boeing 757-200
Route: Atlanta, Georgia-San Salvador, El Salvador
Altitude: 40,000 feet (FL400)

This fine summer afternoon, my family and I left for a week long vacation on the beaches of El Salvador, from our home in Atlanta, on board one of Delta’s 757-200s.

As we chose Priority Boarding, we were some of the first on board. We passed the first class cabin before going behind to the wings to take our seats.

After a taxi out under the bright Georgia sun, we roared off of Atlanta’s runway 27L, with a flaps 15 setting.

At about 6:30 PM, just passing into Florida, near Tallahassee, the flight attendants began their dinner service. I had a delicious chicken couscous salad, with feta and olives, and a brownie for desert.

After crossing the Gulf of Mexico, we cruised 40,000 feet above Merida, the capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan. They did another drink run, from which I got a coffee. We still had a little bit until until our arrival, and I had a 60 minute shuttle ride from the airport to the resort to sit through.

Over Guatemala, the crew began collecting trash and putting the galley away as the terrain below got more mountainous. Turbulence began lightly bumping the aircraft around, but nothing too terrible.

The aircraft began approaching, and we caught this picture over the Guatemalan coastline. After crossing the coast, we banked south and followed the beaches down towards San Salvador.

We banked west again and dropped the landing gear for our imminent touchdown. The air was smooth as glass over the quickly darkening ocean.

Bump! We touched down fairly hard on the sole runway at El Salvador International Airport. The pilot began braking so we could make the first runway exit into the small gate area.

The plane pulled in, attached to our jetway, and we cleared customs among all the other vacationing passengers from the other US/Canada flights.

What was your favorite photo?

0 voters

How would you rate this #Screenshots-and-videos topic?

0 voters

12 Likes

Idk but being on final over the ocean is a vibe, great trip report my friend!

2 Likes

How did u get a chance to take a picture outside mid cruise ?

It is puts you in the vacation mindset. Thanks!

2 Likes

Someone I know from work sent me this picture he took from his flight from Atlanta to Lima.

2 Likes

Bienvenido a San Salvador

Muchas Gracias! I think San Salvador is a very underutilized airport. Great 3D buildings and stunning scenery. We also have another 3D airport in El Salvador, Ilopango, which is also amazing.

That’s for sure you know how long I’ve been waiting for the buildings to get added. Just so this update would not support my Bluetooth control I use to fly, currently grounded until the fix it if they fix it at all.

1 Like