TRDubh's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

TRDubh’s ATC Tracking Thread

Hi everyone, welcome to my ATC tracking thread. I am training to become an IFATC controller and would love you to stop by. Currently, I am preparing for my IFATC Written Test. My IFATC Trainer is @Luke_M. I have recently passed the written test.

PRACTICAL TEST SCHEDULED: 2020-04-03T04:00:00Z

10 Likes

Open @ KFAT

2 Likes

are you calling me fat???

jk I’ll come by

2 Likes

Appreciate it mate!

2 Likes

Could I take attendance on who D-FALK is?

1 Like

I will come! in 5

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

@CrisYe apologies for the late clearance.

2 Likes

KFAT is now closed

3 Likes

Where do u want me to give feedback?

Do you mean PM vs. Thread?

Thread is good, thanks.

2 Likes

Feedback

• Landing clearance is late,crosswind to give it is good.

• You didn’t give me the exit runway,u should give it when 70kts.

• Other things seemed excellent

Thank you! The exit runway dilemma was my internet trying to sabotage me ;)

3 Likes

Hi,

I‘ve seen by chance that KFAT had active ATC, so I just visited with D-FALX for some practice patterns.

Thanks for ATC! I‘m new to IF (2nd flight on training server), so my feedback doesn‘t help much I guess.

Question to you (or others in the thread), when I‘ve got clearance for the option early in the pattern, do I still need to report positions (downwind, base …)?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for stopping by! When you are in a pattern, there is no need to report position at all. ATC is monitoring your position and will usually clear you on either crosswind / downwind

3 Likes

:thumbsup: Thanks!

1 Like

You need to elaborate more on that, as that is too vague. A runway exit command is given when the aircraft is at a safe, and controlled speed, and this can heavily vary from aircraft to aircraft. For most commercial aircraft it would be around 70, but the TBM does 70 as it’s final approach speed. Once again, it heavily depends on which aircraft you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Ye,I know that. I said give me when 70 is for me. Thanks for your info

1 Like

Hey everyone, I am now open at Fresno Yosemite (KFAT)

I’m feeling pretty good about my skills so be brutal

2 Likes

@JulietTango Apologies for the long taxi, I gave you the wrong runway.

1 Like