TravelSky goes global! - What's to come soon!

Hello everyone,
Simon from the TravelSky management here.

While you are probably flying on live all day, hoping that the time we’re all anxiously waiting for the next update passes quicker than it usually does, we at TravelSky - your number one virtual airline - are diligently working on an incredibly huge TravelSky update, bigger than anyone we published before.
In this thread, we’d like to show you what you can expect in summer 2016 from our side.

The entire update consists of two parts.
A big one you might already guess what it’s about (wink, wink) and a much smaller one with tiny improvements, new features etc.

Let’s get started with part one:
As you surely know, Infinite Flight, the reason why our great airline exists, will publish the long awaited global flight feature, which gives a player the possibility to fly outside the former region boundaries to any destination existing in the real world. Take off wherever you want and land wherever you want, insane, huh?
And of course, TravelSky will pump up its route net with global routes between already existing destinations and brand new destinations in multiple continents.

So what are we talking about?
We’re talking about routes from Los Angeles to Miami, from Dusseldorf to Saint Maarten, from Seattle to Honolulu from Gen… whoops, let’s not reveal too much yet.
All in one, expect over 200 new routes in the United States, Germany, Austria, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Spain and many more countries.

But that’s by far not all.

• All routes will be bookable for virtual passengers, all routes.
  • Plenty new QuickJet routes for small city hops or regional airfields
  • New main hubs in several different countries
  • Seasonal route plans (Focused operations at holiday destinations in summer or at winter holiday destinations in winter)

That’s so far everything about part one.
Check the TravelSky Forum or the news section on our website frequently for sneek peaks, where we will reveal airports at least once a week.

Now for part two:
Part two is by far smaller and less work than part one, but should still be listed. Instead of going too in-depth on anything here, I just made a quick list:

• New Boeing 787 planes
  • Improved applying system
  • Short written entrance test to make sure TravelSky is exclusively flown by experienced pilots (beta version is almost finished)
  • Overhauled TravelSky Pilot Portal
  • Improved ranking system (Pilot Points) within the airline

And that’s now everything we are planning to deliver.
We don’t know when the Infinite Flight update comes, neither wether we will be finished when it comes. This update is by far the most laborious one TravelSky has ever seen, but when it’s done, it’s going to be amazing, trust us. We’re doing our best to get this giant out when we are able to.
Now I’ll take the opportunity to thank @IceBlue for helping me to get this mountain of work done. He is especially responsible for the new TravelSky Europe routes and has so far done an amazing job. Thanks Ice!

We hope you’re looking forward as much as we do to this entirely new chapter of TravelSky Airlines.
Regards!

16 Likes

Just wondering: how many (active) pilots are there at “TravelSky”?

2 Likes

38 listed pilots, maybe 15 flying frequently.

1 Like

And that’s enough to call yourself the “number one virtual airline” and, of course, manage a network that covers over 200 routes?

I’m not familiar with virtual airlines.

6 Likes

It’s not number one by size, but number one by quality. Further it’s not “the” virtual airline, but “your” virtual airline. And that’s a significant difference.

Also, we don’t force pilots to fly specific routes, but offer them a network of routes to fly. This will always stay a simulator, it’s is not like a real-life company. To cover all this in a realistic schedule we needed hundreds of active pilots.
Hope you get my point.

3 Likes

Yeah it pretty much is, they’re a great and professional airline, nice people.

About time you announced this to the pubic.

Only reason I’ve been inactive is because of exams coming up.

2 Likes

It’s an opinion, Ryanair in real life often calls itself Europes Favourite airline no matter how deluded it sounds.

2 Likes

No problem Simon.

We have some real great routes planned, the new TSE program looks amazing so far.

And so, I offer you a first sneak peek at a destination coming to the new TSE network:

5 Likes

Ehehe good one…

2 Likes

We hope this works out for you. With you & 38 pilots I think 200+ routes is to much. We at AEJ are also working on the global flight & routes are in progress. We hope we could get a codeshare I nthe future☺

2 Likes

😎
Great work @BavariaAVIATION!

1 Like

We are based around freedom. Whilst routes are not free for all we give pilots lots of choice, so there is always that ‘perfect’ route based on the time they have, the aircraft they wanna fly and the places they want to go to.

3 Likes

Also how do you all know this will happen in summer 2016?

1 Like

I am so excited! Can’t wiat for the new TSK update :D

1 Like

Skyliner Air are looking forward to seeing you guys in the sky!

1 Like

It is very likely. It’s end of march now.
Summer is until the end of september.

We have seen a lot of progress towards global flight, matt is constantly doing test flights.
4 months… that’s possible, I’m sure.

1 Like

Likewise man!
Planning similar things?

2 Likes

Yeah. Global routes are mostly planned. Updated website MIGHT be something to look out for in the future.

2 Likes

Ok I hope it comes then AEJ are hoping to get the routes going all over Europe & America with 80+ pilots we will hopefully get a lot of flights flown.
See yous in the sky!
Fly your way.

2 Likes