Training Server

Where’s the best airport on the TS where I can still train well with ATC and not be worried about the usual nonsense?

1 Like

Somewhere probably quiet. To get professional pilots who will fly and give you feedback I suggest you make a tracking thread if your interested in joining IFATC. KSSC is a personal favorite for me personally. I linked a tutorial as to how to make a tracking thread below to attract users on the forum to come to your airport and give feedback.

5 Likes

Thanks that was helpful!
I’m more interested in properly learning communications with ATC as a pilot so that I’m more prepared when I go into the expert server. Any tips on that?

There are a lot of resources available. I’d check out the #tutorials section for many video tutorials.

Thank you so much!
Hopefully I’ll see you in the expert server when I feel more comfortable

1 Like

This topic below is also an amazing resource I’d suggest looking at before getting on the expert server. Anyways, hope to see you in the expert skies soon!

1 Like

I usually enjoy controlling KSFO and EGKK on training, there are usually no more than 4 pilots at a time at each airport, and 90% of the time they listen to your instructions

Great I’ll be on the lookout for those two
When I’m flying they usually don’t have anyone on tower or approach/departure

1 Like

I would often control at airports with intersecting runways for more training, Good examples are KPHL, KMIA, and CYYZ. They all get light traffic. My favorite airport I control at is KLAS since I know the area very well and I live there. It also has intersecting runways with lots of traffic from SFO and LAX. Good Luck 👍

1 Like

Love the support on this I honestly never expected this

Oh yea, I noticed how you said this.

The best way to train is finding an ATC tracking thread like mine. 99% of the time, the controllers will be professional. You can practice pattern work and stuff like that, they also get the practice in for being an ATC instructor =) Hopefully this answers your question! Have a good day / night.

(Here is an example on an ATC tracking thread)

1 Like

I like OMDB (Dubai Intl.) Two parralel runways, and not too much traffic.

Thank you! I’ll have a read right now

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.