Tower Reminder

Hey guys, I hope everyone is having a nice Thursday (or Friday for some of you). While controlling Tokyo today, I noticed a lot of aircraft requesting landing at above 10,000 feet and 40 nautical miles away.

Tower’s airspace spans 25nm out and 10,000 feet high. If you are above that or further than that, we will just tell you to continue inbound or to descent to pattern altitude, especially in busy airports.

Thank you and safe flights!

20 Likes

Yup! I think I saw someone fly over the airport at FL350 (they were doing loops - they overslept) and they called into the tower and I just went 🤦🏼‍♂️

5 Likes

They called in at FL350?! 😳

4 Likes

Yeah… - I couldn’t stop laughing…I didn’t think you could do that 🤣

2 Likes

I included a helpful visual below that applies to pilots as well. Image per IFATC Public Manual section 9.1.1

5 Likes

Lol, that is crazy.

Thanks for the diagram @infiniteflight_17

1 Like

But lets ensure that folks use the correct livery and the correct gate, because it’s all about the realism™…

On a serious note, there has been a serious increase in aircraft calling in at inappropriate heights. If you call in at 35k feet 30 NM away from the field while I’m controlling radar, I am going to send you out to do a hold somewhere for a bit. Let’s try some altitude realism™…

3 Likes

Preach @Chitown. Happy anniversary of the forum btw

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.