Tower/ground and Approach/Departure communication

Hello community,
A couple of days ago, I was ground and tower at LAX on training server. Since the winds were funny that day, the 7’s were open and not the 25’s. Approach vectored on everyone to the 25’s, and that caused chaos. I am proposing a feature where all four services can contact each other, whether that’s a text box for IFATC on expert server, or implemented messages like what we use to communicate with atc now. An example of this could be “Los Angeles is using runway 25R, left traffic”.

(I could not find any similar topics)

I agree, unfortunately i don’t have free votes but it is necessary. In real life, i don’t think that controllers don’t have communication with each other.

4 Likes

Thank you. I know this is not as pressing as live cockpit or the a350, but I think it is a feature that should be in the simulator

2 Likes

Should they add it they would need to 110% make sure to block all inappropriate and non ATC related text so they don’t spam it should they add the text version of this feature.

8 Likes

I would leave that up to the devs to figure out. If this would be put into the simulator it would probably be very unlikely that a text box would come with it. It was only an idea, and the system we use now with atc would probably be used. (Hopefully that makes sense)

2 Likes

What do you think of the idea Qantas?

1 Like

It is a nice idea that would mostly improve the air traffic control experience in Infinite Flight.

A text box is a feasible option, but perhaps something like in a unicom would suffice - ‘Los Angeles Tower is using runway 24L, left traffic’ or something like that.

Overall, I’d vote for this if I had the votes.

2 Likes

The thing is, do you want to make this for TSATC (Training Server Air Traffic Control) (not the actual organization but Air Traffic Controllers on the training server in general) or IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Control)?

Thank you for your opinion @Ignas04.

2 Likes

This could work for both training and expert, but it is definitely more needed in TS.

1 Like

IFATC know beforehand what runways they’re using. It’s mainly for training server I believe.

2 Likes

But it could be more abused on the training server.

1 Like

It’s not the worst idea I have seen but I’m not freeing up any of my votes for it.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you are saying could you try to rephrase that?

1 Like

What I was trying to say is that implementing restrictions on what is said within text boxes to prevent inappropriate or objective conversations is almost difficult I believe, so making that a feature within the training server can certainly create a toxic atmosphere depending on who is interacting with who.

Yes, I agree. That is why I think the devs would choose to use a text box or structured phrases. I said text box as an idea, maybe for expert server.

1 Like

Well, definitely should be an expert server idea but not a training server idea. There is a possibility of cyberbullying if you were to put this on the training server, particularly when you consider how many kids are playing this game :/.

I am going to make an edit on my post, thanks for the idea.

1 Like

No problem. You do really need to think about the possibilities for every case to determine the weight between the consequences and the benefits :/.

1 Like

Good Idea!
I think it will improve ATC for Expert Server!

1 Like