Touchscreen issue still persist?

Hello,

Similar issue with this one :

But it’s been closed, and yet the issue still happened, and my issue here might be a little different. Last update only reduced the amount of app crashing (well done to FDS for that) but why touchscreen still an issue for me is that it’s happened on the control buttons. Sometimes the tap and swipe on control button didn’t react the way I wanted it.

Example no. 1 :
When approaching a controlled airport and ATC gave me command to turn left to 090 heading, tap and swipe the HDG button only resulting on tapping while the swipe didn’t happened. So the plane direction didn’t changed, resulting in “check atc tutorial” command from ATC.

Example no. 2
This is the most bothering one. So due to my phone’s bad accelerometer sensor I can’t barely land the plane manually. So I use the “semi-autoland” method which still using the autopilot but I manage the SPD, HDG, and VS manually. When at minimum, I gradually reduce the VS figure in order to get flare. But when tapping and swiping the VS button, it only resulting the tap, and directly deactivate the VS resulting my plane went nosediving and before I can angle up my phone to lift the plane, it’s already reach the ground and crashed.

I know it’s not everyone’s problem but it’s the only way I can land properly at the moment :) and I hope this touchscreen issue would get the developers attention for the next update.

PS: the game itself did not lagging and perfectly fine so I believe it’s the touch issue with those buttons.

Thank you and sorry for whining too much.

5 Likes

Hello!
What device are you using? I dint think we can do much about this as this is pretty much internal and has to do with your device imho .

2 Likes

Hey there! Did you try restarting infinite flight and you’re device? If not try that. If you already have, then I would also see if this is an issue with the type of device that you have :) good luck!

Hi Chief,
I use Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 4GB of ram and I believe the spec is high enough to play IF. I also have ensure that the touchscreen calibrated and multitouch available.

Hi Chris,
Yes I have always restart my phone before playing. All phone cache cleared and all other apps are closed.

Okay…
So is there anything wrong with the display? Perhaps you dropped it and had a hard landing recently?

1 Like

Phone display just fine, I never dropped my phone so I think it’s not going to be the cause of this.

I would do some research on you’re device to see if theees any issues related to this.

Have you done an app reinstall?

Hi Chris,
Really appreciate if you would do. Thanks

Ok, it will be a few minutes :)

I did once few days ago but it still happened.

Last thing I got for you is to check this topic and see if your device is compatible, and try following all instructions given by Mr Phillippe…

Hi Chief,
Here is my phone spec and as I said before I believe this is good enough to play IF

IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~72.7% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
Multitouch Yes
PLATFORM OS Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20
CPU Deca-core 2.1 GHz
GPU Mali-T880 MP4
64 GB, 4 GB RAM - Exclusive

Your GPU is very poor compared to most phones. Ram won’t save you if the GPU is no good. The processor can keep up, but IF is more GPU intensive. The GPU is only 4 cores, and Samsung used 12 in the Exyno 8890[note 7]

Also most lower mid range phones have 4 gb ram now.

Hi Gordon,
Didn’t know about that, but as per Philippe’s post about device requirements, my phone support OpenGL ES 3.1 which is a bit higher than the required (3.0)

And it is the in app button touch issue though, not graphical issue

Thanks for your respond anyway.

Read around here. This could solve you’re issue or at least help :)
http://c.mi.com/thread-165468-1-1.html

Hi,

I use an iPhone 6, and I experience the same problems that you do. It is either your device’s performance, or optimization problems with the app. I am sure that the next release will include fixes to some of these issues.

1 Like

Dear All,
What I forgot to underline is, this issue didn’t happened before global.

Play at the lowest graphics setting possible, turn iff anti aliasing, and have your device on low graphics before a flight, remember to restart your device multiple times before conducting a flight. If the issue persists I reccomend a factory reset…
Note: STORE ALL YOUR THING IN A SAFE PLACE BEFORE DOING A FACTORY RESET
this is last case scenario where all else fails…