Touch&Goes Airport

Any recommendation airport for TNG? i’d like doin it and i looking for recommendation from you guys

2 Likes

Orlando or Edwards AFB.

2 Likes

Personally I think there’s nothing better than doing T&Gs at your home airport, I usually try to do a few patterns at my local airport a week :)

1 Like

There are so many airports in the world. A great airport for touch and go’s should include:

• Parallel runways / intercepting runways
  • Simple layout
  • Large enough area to turn

A few that I can recommend are:

• LFSB
  • EGLL
  • KLAX
  • FOAR
  • KSFO
  • YSSY
  • And many more!
1 Like

Hey @Ocauwyn,

Some airports which I prefer of TNG are -

1. VIDP
  2. VTBS
  3. VABB (cross runway are always boon for TNG)
  4. OAKB

Cheers !

1 Like

My favorite airport for touch and goes, which racks up a ton of landings is KEDW. There are so many runways

4 Likes

True ! More the runway, more easy the TNG

1 Like

My recommendation would be not to go to a big international airport because you will just get in peoples way and annoy them. I would recommend a military base or a small airport like Kerry (EIKY). This is just my opinion and that’s what I’d do

1 Like

RJBB could be nice since there are parallel runways but not many people (from what I see)

1 Like

KORD also has many runways

1 Like

Chicago midway KMDW is great it has 5 runways all next to each other.

1 Like

Personally I’d say the world is your oyster! There’s two main categories you can take this pattern work as:

1. Just for fun, quickly getting landings: going somewhere in an XCub on Casual, to an airport such as KLGB, KEDW, and just any airport with at least 2 parallel runways. It’s really easy one after the other to keep turning round. Be aware that you can only have 1 landing accounted every 30 seconds.

2. Realistic procedures: Going to any airport capable of handling pattern work; ask yourself: Is traffic able to cope with my patterns? Is the terrain too dangerous to operate around? Would the runway be capable to handle a touch and go (in regards to speed and how long it may take to touch down)? I’d suggest any edited airport in the world, going in any aircraft from a 737 to a Cessna. It’s all fun. I’d highly suggest flying the Cessna 172 around your home General Aviation airport, it’s great to fly around your local area, and explore your home from above.

4 Likes

I recommend the Shuttle Landing Facility. One of the longest runways, just make sure you stay in the air 30 seconds between landings.

ICAO: KTTS

1 Like

KDEN is great due to 4 parallel North/South runways and the large layout

KSEA is also good due to 3 parallel runways

1 Like

KFLL and KROA are my top 2

1 Like

UHHH is in my opinion the one that offers the best T&G efficiency

1 Like

If you are using GA aircraft like the tbm I’d recommend Naples muni (Kapf) there is no terrain to worry about and it has intersecting runways

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.