Toronto Pearson Community Meetup

Join us on Wednesday, June 19th, 2024, at Toronto Pearson International Airport for our next in-person community meetup! We’ll be plane spotting for the afternoon at the corner of Airport Road and Orlando Drive (runway 23), weather permitting. Here are all the details you need as we head to Canada’s busiest airport!

The agenda for the day is a work in progress as we’ve been told they are trying to open Airside Tours back up to the public. We’re trying our best with GTAA Community Outreach and Programs to make this happen for you and we’ll update you here when we know more. For now, let’s assume we’ll be plane spotting for the afternoon.

Details

🕑 Date & Time

2024-06-19T16:00:00Z2024-06-19T20:00:00Z

🗺️ Location

Fresh Burger Airport - Runway 23
6575 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E5, Canada

Meeting Point
We’re using Fresh Burger on Airport Road at Orlando Drive as our meeting point. Since YYZ doesn’t have a designated spotting location or park, this will be the safest location if winds are out of the west.

If the weather has other plans, we’ll consider 05 or 06’s, however, transportation will not be provided for moving around the airport.

NOTE that due to the fact that there is no designated spotting location, you are participating AT YOUR OWN RISK. Airport Road is very busy so we encourage all participants to observe traffic signals and be aware of their surroundings at all times.

🚇 Getting to Toronto Pearson

GTAA’s website has a section dedicated to arriving at the airport. You can take the UP Express from the city directly to Pearson, and take the free Terminal Link train from either terminal to the Viscount station. From there, it’s a 20-minute walk to Fresh Burger.

🅿️ Toronto Pearson has many parking options, however, there are places on Airport Road at or near Fresh Burger to park if you’re driving.

ℹ️ Additional info
  • All visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while attending the meetup.
  • We are not responsible for the health and safety of our attendees.
  • This meetup will take place at a location open to the public. Face coverings are optional but welcome at the meet. Attendees are encouraged to respect their peers’ personal choices at all times.
  • There aren’t any lockers available for personal belongings. Plan to carry things with you!

Sign-ups

Hit the button below to sign up. Please only fill out this form if you’re 100% joining this event. If you sign up and your plans change, advise a member of staff as soon as possible so that we can remove you from the list.

Please keep a close eye on this topic. If winds on the day are favoring the other side of the field, we will provide a revised meeting location.

Signupbutton

We look forward to meeting you there! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to comment below. We will try to answer the best we can!

37 Likes

Happy cake day Jason!

I prolly won’t show up since I’m broke

1 Like

Happy cake day to you!

1 Like

Cannot come to this one but, I will be at the LHR meetup this summer!

Happy Cakeday @jasonrosewell!!

1 Like

Same here - not feasible for me to fly to Canada but should be at LHR in July!

Also Happy Cakeday Jason!

3 Likes

Happy cakeday @jasonrosewell !

1 Like

Still waiting for a meetup in Brazil… 🥲

1 Like

Where is there good spotting in Brazil? Never say never.

3 Likes

Happy Cakeday Jason!🎉

1 Like

For those going, have the best time!

Also, HAPPY CAKEDAY @jasonrosewell

2 Likes

You could also come down to the land of waffles and fries and planspot at EBBR wink wink :)

1 Like

I will probably go.

1 Like

As a Canadian, I may have to make the trek up. I’ll see if I can make it!

1 Like

I would love to come but unfortunately life has other things planned as usual.

Anyways, Happy Cake Day @jasonrosewell 🎂!

1 Like

Wish I could come 😔
Happy cake day @jasonrosewell!!! 🥳🥳🥳

1 Like

Damn, that’s a training day for me. Otherwise, I’d have made the drive from London to YYZ.

Prices aren’t as bad as I would have thought…

1 Like

wow you should do it

A little bit far and expensive!!!

4 Likes