Topics won’t let me post

Hello, when I try to post plane spotting photos it won’t let me, when I click new topic, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to help?

Hello, I’m sorry to hear about that! Would you mind sending a screenshot of what’s happening when you click the “new topic” button. That’s rather unusual for it to not open properly.

This may help you?

I think all are able to post in #screenshots-and-videos … may just be a problem with opening the topic draft page 🤷

Yeah tough to say without knowing more detail. May have to get a moderator to take a look.

Here is what shows up. It’s a greyed out button and when I click it, nothing happens

This is because you’re only TL1. To post in the #real-world-aviation catergory, you have to be TL2. To get to TL2 just keep liking and posting and you will be there in no time :)

1 Like

Oh. Ok. Thanks!

1 Like

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for tl1 in site settings.

This is what I was talking about here. But my first thoughts were regarding your TL.

2 Likes

There shouldn’t be any reason he can’t type up a post for a topic. I’ve seen plenty of TL0 people write them up but need to be approved by a moderator. It just doesn’t make sense that that button is greyed out unless I’m completely missing something. How were you able to make this topic if that button was greyed out? 😂

Ohhh, I see now. You were already in the #real-world-aviation section when trying to make the post. I guess I was thinking you were trying to make it from the home page. In that case what was previously mentioned is all correct. You won’t be able to post there until TL2 🙂

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.