JetTip has released the statistics for the top 50 busiest airports by departures in North America for the day of April 21, 2020.
Some notable stats:
- DFW is now number 1, beating ORD by one departure.
- ATL has fallen to number 4.
- Memphis has risen significantly thanks to its Fedex hub.
- Louisville (SDF) has also risen because of UPS Cargo.
- Anchorage has risen 40 ranks and is now tied with Phoenix for the ninth busiest airport.
- The major Canadian airports Vancouver (YVR) and Toronto (YYZ) have fallen far down likely because of government restrictions. Surprisingly, Calgary (YYC) is above them.
- Both Newark (EWR) and New York JFK (JFK) have fallen significantly to the bottom of the list.
This graph shows the decline of some North American airports:
Because this calculated by day, some rankings may change for each day.
What are your thoughts? Any of these statistics surprising to you?