Too many Virtual Airlines! (VA Certified list?)

I think there are too many Virtual Airlines, and I am seriously going crazy with the amount of VAs. There are lots of little VA’s with one or two people flying for them, etc. I propose creating a certified VA list which meets the below criteria. This will make it easier to decide between the VA, not choosing ones that are tiny and not active or have many pilots.

To be certified (on the list) your airline must have:

1. A VA must have 10 active pilots each week to still be considered a VA.
  2. A VA must be realistic, not by name or airline it is based on, but operations.
  3. It must be clear and straightfoward to apply for your VA.
  4. The founder should not call themselves the CEO, but the founder.
  5. If your Airline is named after a real world airline, it must be realistic according to it.

With this list, I am not forcing anyone to have an airliVA in a certain management or sort of way, just a list to help people deciding from VA that are really working. I know @Alan_Perez has another list, but it does not have requirements, just existing.

(I edited this posts idea because it didnt really make sense before)

Ok, so this might seem a bit weird but it is what I think would be an effective way for VA’s to be under control!
(Edit: Maybe, instead there should be a top VA list or something)

5 Likes

Go through each VA, and see which ones have been active. Those who haven’t should have their topics closed. Most of the VAs are small ones created thanks to this rush for VAs.

That list would be very big, plus there is not really that much regions and there is tons.

You complain about to many VA’s … Yet your going to make one?

3 Likes

Not a VA. A group to monitor VAs.

1 Like

I think eveyone should be free to make their own VA without restrictions. That’s what makes the Infinite Flight experience more enjoyable. :)

5 Likes

Okay that makes a little more sense.

I don’t agree with … 10 active pilots each week

And

I don’t agree with … The Calling of CEO and COO rule.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I think @dasabel100 did this with his idea of VADC. I’m not sure if they are still going or not, but it was working well. Some of your ideas here differ from theirs, but it’s generally the same idea.

1 Like

Well, I’m not sure this is feasible, including some of the ideas listed in this particular thread, for the main reason of, and group created to manage or monitor VAs cannot tell them what they can and can’t do. Each VA has its own right to do what they think is in the best interest for their VA , so a group like such suggested here, can only make suggestions and try to point VAs into the correct direction.
And one more thing, I don’t think “Police” would suit a group like this correctly. ;)

1 Like

If someone was willing to look through all the registered VAs and call out the inactive ones, more power to them! It won’t be me, I don’t have enough patience for that. ;)

1 Like

I don’t see why there needs to be a regulatory body for VAs. If someone wants to make a crappy VA doomed to fail, then let them do that, or vice versa. It’s really only the "CEO"s business what is done with the VA.

7 Likes

99% of VAs aren’t taken seriously anyway. I’ve got about 350 hours flying LIVE and I can hardly even recall which VAs I’ve even seen. Putting some random letters after your ‘name’ doesn’t mean anything…

On top of that, because there’s basically no criteria and every VA just lets anyone who sends them a PM join, the quality of pilots in the VAs is actually comical. It’s hilarious watching VAs who have pilots flying around with their VA name advertised who don’t have the first idea about flying, ATC, landing speeds, yet their VA thread or website from their CEO talks up about what they ‘strive’ for and the ‘professionalism’ of their airline. I mean geez, some airlines need “2 hours flight time” to upgrade from a trainee so they’re ‘allowed’ to now fly the next aircraft up? Classic!

I just don’t get the point of the VA? Someone please explain?

For example, I can fly whatever route I want in whatever aircraft I want whenever I want. Why would I join the ‘[hypothetical] Hawaiian airlines’ VA so I can ask their 15 year old CEO if I’m allowed to fly a Hawaiian 717? I’m just gonna do it anyway.

3 Likes

It looks stupid.
Any airline CEO may manage his airline like he want.
We dont need police. We need fun and pleasure.

2 Likes

I cringe when someone wants to play the police and it’s not a moderator.

3 Likes