Too Many Polls

I am suggesting limiting the use of polls:

1. Polls only allowed in the Original Post created by the topic creator.

2. If the poll is a yes/no or agree/disagree poll to agree with the idea in a post, it should not be allowed and the Like button should be used in its place. Particularly for feature requests, one can sort topics by number of likes to see what is most demanded. You can’t sort by poll results.

3. No one should comment saying something to the effect of “why not just make a poll” and add a poll on their post.

This should help with the recent infestation of polls.

18 Likes

I just dont agree

8 Likes

I am surprised no one has made a poll yet. It’s been 5 minutes.

12 Likes

Polls in feature requests are really irritating.

19 Likes

What’s so bad about them?
just wondering

2 Likes

I have never seen what is wrong with the polls, so I do not support the poll genocide.

3 Likes

There are too many that just make posts look messy. This is a forum where you share more thoughts than just clicking a button.

The one big one is yes/no polls in feature requests. It’s already implied that if you see the post and click like, you agree. No reason to have a poll.
The other is people commenting in reply to someone else’s thread to add a poll that asks the same question as the OP, or asks to agree/disagree with the OP. If the OP wanted a poll, they would have added it themselves. No need to hijack their thread.

4 Likes

Fair enough my friend.
I would agree. They are becoming an overused fad now.
its something new, now everyone wants in
That’s the way I see it.

1 Like

I think it’s time for a poll, don’t you?

• Polls only allowed in the Original Post created by the topic creator
  • If the poll is a yes/no or agree/disagree poll to agree with the idea in a post, it should not be allowed and the Like button should be used in its place. Particularly for feature requests, one can sort topics by number of likes to see what is most demanded. You can’t sort by poll results
  • No one should comment saying something to the effect of “why not just make a poll” and add a poll on their post
  • Keep it the way it is

0 voters

12 Likes

Also, the point of a feature request is that you want something, so how does a poll make any difference? The feature request topic is still there.

2 Likes

If you don’t like it. Leave, Simple as

1 Like

Maybe we should have a poll to decide 😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

(Look at comment 9 in this thread bb7 made a poll)

Damn I tried to be funny without reading the whole thread. Sorry 😳

1 Like

I would rather cancel the polls in feature requests.

1 Like

Yes please polls in features are too annoying

3 Likes

I also find very annoying topics that are created just to ask “Do you prefer X or Y?” with a poll for X or Y.

Do you agree?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Instead of getting intelligent responses, you only get a yes or no in a poll. It’s a good way of seeing who wants what, but complete lack of community input in text form. Defeats the purpose of a forum really

3 Likes

Yes. There are certainly good uses for polls, in my opinion. For example, using them to survey the best times to schedule an event. Things that the poll creator wants to see the distribution of responses to take further action based on the result. Yes/No polls take away the desire to give more thought and, as you say above, Swang, defeats the purpose of a discussion forum.

I think getting rid of polls in feature requests is an interesting idea. I see many people clicking on a poll, and then not liking the idea. I think that the number of likes is more indicative of popularity than a poll response. Also, I agree that if people put more input into responses on feature requests, not polls, we as a community can see different views. (With polls, the words are put into our mouths). I don’t think polls overall are bad, I just think that they detract from feature requests.

3 Likes