Too Heavy to Land Using APPR

I was flying A350 London to Mumbai. I began intial landing procedures for Auto Land, when I went to switch on APPR it said Aircraft was too heavy. Any idea on what the weight of the aircraft needs to be to land APPR?

2 Likes

I think it is under 20% fuel

2 Likes

Hey there man. Check this out should be helpful

2 Likes

This means you were trying to land overweight! Make sure you pack enough fuel for the trip but not too much. If you do pack a little to much, just do some fuel dumping if you can. Then the APPR should be just fine :)

2 Likes

And when using APPR you should be below MLW

2 Likes

A solution to do this before you land with a heavy like the Airbus A350 is to execute a fuel dump prior to passing through 7000ft AGL to lose some weight.

2 Likes

Use a flight planning website as well so you only take the fuel you need

1 Like

@Henry_Gulergun if you want some exact fuel numbers, then check simbrief.com it will give you a flight plan fuel numbers and more. It is free to use

2 Likes

Make sure your fuel percentage/quantity indicator (in the information strip along the base, from where you access your flight plan and menu etc) is not orange or red, but white. You should be fine using APPR. You just have to be below your maximum landing weight.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.