Told to hold position

So I’m at Cape Town right now, and I asked for pushback for three times, but ATC told me to hold position every time. I checked and there was no aircraft behind me, so I should be ok to pushback. Why is ATC doing that?

2 Likes

Check the ATIS. Is there a gate hold in place?

1 Like

Could be a gate hold in place. Have you checked the ATIS?

1 Like

Wait let me check ATIS.

2 Likes

DO NOT under any circumstances keep asking for pushback. Ground will tell you to pushback when it is safe to

2 Likes

Ok. But what if he forgot?

1 Like

Most of the time we will not forget. Feel free to request again after a few minutes if you did not get a response though. We usually won’t report you unless you really spam the frequency

2 Likes

I just checked ATIS and there is no gate hold in effect.

1 Like

You can request after 3-4 mins, but IFATC are really busy, so don’t duplicate.

1 Like

Please contact your controller.

1 Like

It’s rare that IFATC forget after an aircraft has requested pushback 3 times. Please refrain from sending commands that many times, and just be patient.

While I cannot tell you 100% why you are being told to hold position, I can give you my best guess. My guess is that there is an aircraft on its way to parking and you pushing back would block its way. For a confirmed answer please don’t be shy to send your controller a Nice PM, asking why.

Hope this helps.

If you would like to discuss further please PM @DS2001

1 Like

I don’t any of that.

Ok. I don’t know who my controller is though.

Feel free to contact the controller. The current controller is @MrJackT14.

But it says it’s Dylan NL. Are those the same person? If they are then I’ll contact him.

The current ground controller is tagged above. :)

Hmm. Dylan NL would be @DS2001.

Oh. I’ll see what he says.

I let him know to contact you after he is done controlling, in the mean time, please just hold tight.