TOD Indicator

As you can tell by the title, I am requesting a TOD Indicator on the Navigation Display. I just thought I would be more realistic and nice to have this Indicator. I haven’t done some researching but I do know that the B77W has this. It would look like a little green diamond shape (or a circle, etc)somewhere on the flight plan on the Navigation Display. It will also be useful to see if the TOD is reasonable. If you see that the indicator looks to far out, there might an error on the altitudes for the VNAV. If you see that the TOD indicator looking too close to your destination airport, this could also be a error in the altitudes.

Hopefully you do agree with me.

I dont understand. Doesnt VNAV tell you when your TOD is (thus it is already a TOD indicator)?

1 Like

It only shows you the distance until TOD.

He would like to see that on the navigation display, like you see the waypoints but with TOD

1 Like

You can get this in your status bar, this is already a feature. Hold down on one of the feeds in the black bar at the bottom of your screen, slide your finger all the way to the right, and a VNAV option will appear along with many other options on the mini pop up menu. This feed will tell you your distance and ETE to your TOD. I think you have requested a feature that already exists.

2 Likes

VNAV already has this. The numbers indicate how far you’re from your TOD with VNAV active.

1 Like

But not in the nav dis

I am aware that there is the ETA to TOD and Dist to TOD. I am requesting to have a indicator to show where on the flightplan we will begin decent.

I think what he means is a little symbol on the Navigation display of Boeing and other manufacturers’ planes.
Something like this I think! Where the white bar is the TOD shown on display on various Boeing and Airbus planes!
(Note: It’s not the ETE to TOD for the VNAV on the status bar in the game, it’s a feature on the Live Cockpit instruments on various planes in the simulator(I think again))!

2 Likes

Yeah, I did not find a good picture of a NAV display with TOC/TOD , but that is excatly what he means

3 Likes

Yeh, I couldn’t find a good photo that resembles my request.

1 Like

The indicator is a white lined arrow with a bend in it. please see below for reference of Airbus and Boeing
AIRBUS

BOEING

2 Likes