To the Canaries in Luxury ( FLIGHT 1 )

Remember how over the summer I flew on my friend’s Bombardier Challenger 350 to Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 and eventually onto Medellin? Yeah it was a FANTASTIC trip to say the least and I’m doing this again but this time for a much longer journey from here in South Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 all the way to Tenerife. One of the Canary Islands 🇮🇨 and a place that has interested me a a lot. This is going to be AMAZING! 🤩 im back in a private jet, eating some delicious food and getting a fantastic sleep just before we land in Tenerife. But let’s make our way to the airport to get this trip started!

LEG 1

Flight Info

Origin: Boca Raton 🇺🇸 ( KBCT )
Destination: L.F. Wade Intl 🇧🇲 ( TXKF )
Flight Time: 2:04
Bombardier Challenger 350 ( House Colors )
Server: Expert

Just like my previous CL35 trip, no need to head down to Miami 🏝️😎 and not even Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ or West Palm Beach 🏝️🏌️we can leave from Boca Raton’s airport right next to Florida Atlantic University or FAU 🦉Town Center Mall 🛍️ and Boomers! A fun place I remember as a kid especially for their little Go Kart track outside and a water ride as well. This time I was tasked to get beverages for the flight while another friend of mine got the food we would have after take off and before landing in Tenerife! Since this is a long flight, we decided it would be better to fly overnight so we departed BCT at like 10pm and arrived in Tenerife just a bit before noon. Now this trip would require a stop to refuel since the CL35 doesn’t have the range to make it from BCT to TFN nonstop without having safe amount of fuel leftover and especially with Tenerife’s weather, it could be a real problem but that wouldn’t stop us from flying over.

I got seated on the first nice couch type seat on the left side facing backwards and it does provide a little wing view but not much but at least the scenery is still fairly visible. We were just finishing loading bags, food and the pilots were doing the last minute paperwork for our flight to wherever our fuel stop is going to be but once we all got settled in, the engines started up and we made our way to Runway 5 for take off!

Because of the late hour, we were one of the last aircraft to depart BCT before ATC shut down and nobody was allowed in until like maybe 6am I can’t really remember. But as Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 gets smaller, the Atlantic Ocean gets bigger as we begin the transatlantic journey over to the Canary Islands! 🇮🇨

We’d be cruising at FL410 for this first leg over to the unknown, they started setting up the food my friend had bought before departure and it was all from a really good Peruvian 🇵🇪 restaurant not too far from my house. Not as great as the Chinese takeout 🥡🥢🥠🥮 I had on my first flight but still better than anything I’d get on any of the big 3 US airlines but after our dinner we had a small little Ice Cream Sundae 🍨 for dessert before calling it a night!

I actually had a good sleep and the landing to wherever we landed wasn’t hard enough to wake me up I only woke up to the sound of the engines shutting down. I asked the pilots where we were and he said we are in Bermuda 🇧🇲 a British overseas territory just like how the Canary Islands 🇮🇨 aren’t their own nation as they are part of Spain 🇪🇸 but since this stop was ONLY for refueling, we were told to STAY on the aircraft I mean we didn’t do passport control here so we wouldn’t be able to leave anyways but I decided to stay up for a bit while we were stopped but eventually, we began moving out to RWY 30!

LEG 2

Flight Info

Origin: L.F. Wade Intl 🇧🇲 ( TXKF )
Destination: Tenerife Norte - Ciudad De La Laguna 🇮🇨 ( GCXO )
Flight Time; 5:20
Bombardier Challenger 350 ( House Colors )
Server: Expert

We were soon on our way out of BDA officially beginning the flight to Tenerife! And I was the ONLY one awake everybody else was asleep except for the pilots of course but I soon knocked out myself so see you in the morning I guess.

Little more than halfway into the flight is when the sun began rising and it definitely was a BEAUTIFUL sight! 🤩🌅 I slept for like an extra hour before having breakfast as we got closer and closer to Tenerife!

Soon enough, the Canaries 🇮🇨 were ahead of us and we began our descent from FL390. Everybody was required to be awake for landing but everybody had such good sleep that we didn’t have a problem waking up. Eventually Tenerife’s North airport came into view, one of the 2 and the oldest airport on the island infamous for being the site of the deadliest aviation accident in history when a KLM Boeing 747-200 struck a Pan Am B747-100 killing 583 people between the KLM and Pan Am aircraft. Since then the airport was updated with better safety equipment, ATC was slightly altered and a new airport was built in the south in a better part of the island away from fog. A key contributor to the accident but thankfully, we wouldn’t be facing fog on this afternoons arrival into RWY 30!

Compared to the relatively smooth landing in Bermuda 🇧🇲 this landing was kind of hard so whoever was asleep is definitely awake now but anyways. Welcome to Tenerife’s North Airport! And just like CLO, we attracted a lot of attention with our landing I got tagged on Instagram like 25 times or something but I’m gonna skip rating the flight, this is a private jet experience so it immediately gets 5 stars in everything ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ except for landing in TFN so if you guys get the opportunity to fly a private jet,

TAKE IT!! You won’t regret it.

When we parked and disembarked, an airport security member picked us up in a really nice black and gold SUV and took us over to a private passport control 🛂 facility and even offered to maintain the aircraft everyday before we got back on to head back home! Just like those ground crews at CLO and MDE absolutely FANTASTIC! At this point we were off to explore the island and also visit the other islands especially Gran Canaria but by ferry. Thanks for joining me on this unique trip and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

9 Likes