To see or not to see, that is the question: Airport Lighting Tutorial

Nice tutorial! Definitely helps to clarify things. 🙃

1 Like

Thanks again for your question @JulianB. What you’re seeing is completely normal. According to ICAO: ‘The aerodrome beacon shall show either coloured flashes alternating with white flashes, or white flashes only.

1 Like

Thank you @Raveesh!

1 Like

Thank you Declan!

1 Like

Thank you @Hunter777, that is ultimately my aim 🙂

Thank you very much for your comment @phoenix74. It is my goal to help this community with useful information.

1 Like

Thank you @Murphy, I’m glad you liked it 🙂

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of your tutorials. Excellent job @anon71974898 !!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Murilo_Heindrich! I am very happy and humbled to hear that people find my topics interesting and enjoyable 😊

2 Likes

There are many things I didn’t know. It was a brief and very detailed tutorial. Congratulations and happy to share with us!

1 Like

Thank you again @Murilo_Heindrich! I will try to keep up the tutorials 😬

2 Likes

Very interesting, thank you very much for the replies, much appreciated!

1 Like

You’re very welcome @JulianB 😬

1 Like

Awesome thread! Loved to learn it. Congrats!

1 Like

@anon71974898. MaxSez: “Let their be Light’… Another Expert Primer for those who thirst for “Professional Knowledge Gained” …

This Tutorial should be moved to the “Ground School” category. It’s a must have insight into airport infrastructure and what the IF aerodrome
must look like in future IF program upgrades.

It’s suggested for Bookmarking by the Chart/Airfield Development Groups.

(My LogBook is void of nite flight hours. Blue Taxiway Lights, RAILS at CatB Fields, Inner/Outer Markers, Rwy Exit Lights, High Beam Taxi Lights ect, It’s Time!)

Add these enhancements noted FDS, “Let there Be Nite Lighting Soonest”… New airframes can wait!

Another BZ Commander, Yr Time, Effort & Expertise are appreciated…

Max Sends

IMG_1517

2 Likes

Thank you @Bruno_Salvi1! I hope it helped and I will try to keep making these topics 😊

As always, thank you @Maxmustang! And you brought the flags out as well, thank you! A compliment from a seasoned aviator such as yourself is very humbling. I hope to keep impressing!

Semper Fidelis

1 Like

I am very grateful to you, you have provided insight and knowledge in the world of aviation especially in the case of airport lighting system problems… thanks you

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @Capt_M_Satrio_R! It is my sincerely hope that I presented useful information to both you and the community as a whole.

1 Like

Very nice and informative! Thanks for this!

1 Like