To all the Livery Designers: airBaltic is looking for you!

airBaltic has launched a contest for the design of their 50th A220-300, scheduled to be delivered soon. Your design might end up on an actual airplane. And you can win an airBaltic gift card.

Anyone going to participate?

21 Likes

@MxP I’m sure you’ll be one of the best, you good at it + you love A220 !
Will you give it a try?

2 Likes

i can’t even draw a hand correctly let alone a whole livery design💀💀

3 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me, I feel honored ^^ I think I won’t be able to however, since I am on a trip in the coming days. I also haven’t been able to do any design work for the past 8 months or so, so I would need some time to get back into it :/ I wish all participants much success though!

1 Like

I’m gonna leave this one to the professionals.

2 Likes

im gonna have an attempt at this for sure !!

This is for adults only (above 18 yo)

@AvioesEJogos you should design this aircraft ;)

2 Likes

I’ve already made one preliminary design. Not really sure if I like it enough, though. Seemed like a good concept, but the execution didn’t turn out that well.

(And then there’s the part of applying it onto their template. 💀🙄)

3 Likes

I got GIMP and have tried out Photopea just for this and am striking out. I don’t know where JayJay got this, I’ll ask him. However, the website did not seem to support this clam. Can I get either clarity on JayJay’s statement or on how to get the template to work.

@JayJayAviation did confirm we have to use airBaltic’s template. Also, I figured out how to use their template in GIMP; however, I have no clue how. I could refigure it out if someone needs help though.

1 Like

Is it layered? Like you can do stuff without blocking the windows out?

No. I was able/had to make two layers. One was the original template while effectively making the white transparent. The other layer was the template shape completely white. The top template was the airBaltic one with the “multiply” layer mode selected. The base layer was simply filled with alpha locked. Hope this helps!

1 Like

In the end, I couldn’t come up with anything more interesting and sent that anyway. Since submissions are closed, good luck to everyone who participated!

4 Likes

The results are in today, I’m very disappointed that mine didn’t got in. I was very confident with my submission though…

5 Likes

Has the winner been announced? Or is the livery that was chosen can we see it anywhere or has that not been released yet

Disappointed, but it was fun

Here’s mine

5 Likes

Oh that’s nice too bad it wasn’t chosen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.